Hello Wedding Professionals,

Want free exposure for your wedding business?  Then, tell me your 2014 wedding predictions!

I'm preparing a blog post that will be published this month, which will be called: 2014 Wedding Predictions.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those predictions and trends will be.  I'll pick the 10 best (and most-likely-to-occur predictions).  Then, when I create the blog, I'll mention your business name.  I'll also link your prediction to your website or blog.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  And here's a look at last year's predictions.

What should you do???

1. Please share 1-2 wedding industry predictions below in this discussion thread.  Share your thoughts on color trends, fashion, decor, music, etiquette - you name it.  See an example below.  
  2. Include 1-2 photos in your submission to increase your chances of getting picked.  If you do include a photo, please link it to the webpage where it was originally found or give credit to the photographer.
  3. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to see what you think will happen to weddings in the New Year!

Views: 1936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TOP 5 WEDDING TRENDS FOR 2014

5. Printed Wedding Gowns

I adore fashion and I am thrilled that gowns are getting more and more expressive all the time. First came color (YEAH!!!), now comes bold prints for wearable art (my favorite kind).

4. Out with Candy Bars- in with Creative Desserts!

We have loved the dessert/candy bars, however, we are also loving the new “sweet” trends to come! From individual cakes, to popcorn bars, to ice cream trucks, creativity is IN. Brides are showing us that the possibilities are endless and are using desserts as a way to showcase their sweet tooth! Yum.  Ice cream trucks, mini cakes, popcorn tins.

3.  Above the knee

Tea-length dresses have been reappearing throughout 2013 and in 2014, we are expecting to see a tea-length boom. These short designs are super cute and are a bit different than the traditional wedding dress. Different variations have been appearing from every designer but the one which has stuck out for us has been style PC3303 from Phil Collins Bridal. This adorable number has a pretty lace, bateau neckline and a gorgeous filled-in lace back. The lace has a unique floral pattern, edged with an eyelash finish. The tulle skirt keeps the design fresh and highlights the statement length. A real must-have if you’re planning a 50s-inspired day.

2.   A Thousand and One Themes

2014 is also going to explode with themes. Life these days is infinitely personalisable (is that a word?), and making every element of your wedding your own is becoming easier and cheaper. From website invitations, to monograms, to creative use of photographs and video - everything can be professionally personalized to be based around the bride and groom's passions.

1.   Detailed backs

Backs are going to be the main feature in 2014. Thanks to the vintage influences in 2013, 2014 is going to be packed with this subtle yet sexy feature. We are talking keyholes, jeweled embellishments, architectural pleating and lace fill-ins.

Wow I love the printed gown!! 

Wedding Trend Predictions for 2014

Return of the Black Tie

There is already a distinct swing towards luxury and formality. I think that Downton Abbey, Great Gatsby, James Bond and even the latest John Lewis advert might have a lot to do with the reemerging popularity of this style.

A Thousand and One Themes

2014 is also going to explode with themes. Life these days is infinitely personable (is that a word?), and making every element of your wedding your own is becoming easier and cheaper. From website invitations, to monograms, to creative use of photographs and video - everything can be professionally personalized to be based around the bride and groom's passions. I am already working on a mountain ski lodge theme, a London park theme and a dog (yes really!) theme!

Menu Classics Abound

No more rustic feasts and table carveries - the most popular choices for 2014 are the plated classics as couples opt for more delicate and elegant ways to present the best of British ingredients

Here is a typical 2014 style menu

• Hand carved smoked salmon with homemade fennel bread
  • Breast of duck on roost potatoes with rich cognac and orange sauce
  • French coffee – very strong

Yummy! that sounds delicious..

My first prediction is weddings that are based on international themes/styles. Whether the couple is tied to the culture or not, I feel like it will be popping up. Australian theme, Italian theme, etc. (photo courtesy of Ruffled Blog)

My second prediction is that the vintage weddings from different eras will continue on, and will include other eras other than the 20's/30's. I was right on the money last year in my predictions on Bridal Tweet with cinematic weddings making a splash. Hence, Gatsby insired weddings and photo shoots that took the industry by storm. (photo by LoveMyDress.net)

Rustic is out. Elegant is in. Brides are looking for contemporary design with traditional touches. Budgets will still be tight but there will be increased spending on uniqueness and interactive activities for guests.

This is so chic. liked it.

Yes this is beautiful!

Unfortunately, I am seeing more and more brides using their friend or family member with the "nice camera" to photograph their wedding.  Most of the time, they will regret this decision because their wedding memories are poorly captured and there is no "do over".  

I'm hopeful that as upcoming brides see these photographs taken by non-professionals, they will be inspired to hire a professional.  Those images are all they will have left from their wedding to share with their children and grandchildren.  It's not something to take lightly.

Attachments:

I agree! It's so easy to get a real wedding photographer, like on that link where they don't even all charge that much. Why skimp on something so important? I don't get it.

For 2014, I'd welcome the return of the handfasting ritual.  Imagine how beautiful and fun it would be to see a couple literally "tie the knot."  The idea of binding hands as a symbol of commitment was made popular with the ancient Celts.  Rest assured, a couple doesn't have to be Celtic to adapt the centuries-old ritual into a modern ceremony.  DIY couples can get creative with the cord.  Couples looking for a ready made cord can find a variety of designs and prices.  Go really simple and use an assortment of ribbons.  Involve family members by having each one drape a ribbon across the couple's wrists. With the future in mind, have a cord custom made, knowing it will become a family heirloom. 

http://MoonRiverRituals.com   (Photos by Zita Christian)

Attachments:

I have 10 Trends that I think will be hot in 2014!

1. Large Ruffled Skirts 

2. Gold Table Decor

3. Strawberry Red

4. Brides Posing in Front of Doors

5. Printed/Patterned Bridesmaid Dresses

6. Text-dominant Invitations

7. Lemon Chiffon Wedding Cake

8. Deep Blue

9. Tutus for Flower Girls

10. Woodland Animal Themes

www.oliverink.etsy.com

Attachments: