2018 Wedding Trend Predictions
BridalTweet.com is now in its eighth year and our community's latest trend report is in! Scroll down to find our community's predictions for 2018 wedding fashion, decor, ambiance and more! Find out what's hot and what's not for the upcoming year!
How did I collect these trends? Well, in early September I reached out to the 20,000 members of this wedding community and asked, "What are your predictions for 2018 weddings?" Below, are the highlights from the answers that I received. After reading this list of predictions, I'm sure that you'll agree that 2018 will bring forth elegant, meaningful moments that we will remember forever!
1. “Romantic woodland weddings will continue to grow in the popularity. From beautifully simple backyard ceremonies to lavish forest weddings. We're seeing great enthusiasm for the beauty and peaceful ambiance only nature can provide.” – Mark Stover of http://www.expressivephotographics.com/
2. “Hello, blush! The popular pale pink shade is sticking around, but we will be seeing it paired with a darker, dusty pink, as well as, silver and navy! Brides are choosing to brighten up the color palette for 2018 with the darker pink color and adding a dashing deep navy (a neutral that works well with anything and compliments any body shape). This makes it the perfect choice for a spring wedding!” - Rustic Rental Market,www.rusticrentalmarket.com
3. “Lush green weddings with foliage will be key for creating intimate and beautiful event spaces. The look is dramatic with hanging installations (think hoops, green chandeliers, frames of floral abundance) and tall risers on tables filled with foliage and cascading blossoms. If you’re dreaming of a wedding tucked deep away in a forest, then 2018 will be the year for you!” - Jeannie Sheppard of http://www.twolittlerows.com.au
4. “Bridal separates will be immensely popular, as brides embrace the two-piece wedding dress trend to reflect their personal style statement. By mixing and matching tops and skirts in this interesting twist on the traditional wedding gown style, bridal outfits will marry together different textures, details and styles in either half and create unique looks. Consider it the ideal customized option for brides who cannot decide on a single style of wedding dress. - Best for Bride www.BestForBride.com
5. “Couples are taking more control over their ceremonies. Gone are the days where the officiant chose what was said at the ceremony. Couples are taking more interest in the ceremony wording and order of events. They are scouring to find marriage vows and ceremony wording that really fit them along with the perfect readings. Adding unique additions to their ceremonies like special parent blessings, Unity Cross ceremonies, hourglass ceremonies, and box and/or wine ceremonies to name a few are finding their way into most ceremonies now. There is also a huge increase in couples writing their own vows which always adds laughter and sometimes a few tears and really culminates the personalization of the whole ceremony.” - Erica Thimsen - Helping Hand Parties & Wedding www.helpinghandparties.com
6. “Hawaii is trending as the leading destination of choice for couples who choose to wed or honeymoon outside of the continental U.S. Why is this? Hawaii has all of the perfect ingredients for a destination wedding or honeymoon. Amazing climate, scenery that will take your breath away, top-notch resorts, gorgeous beaches, a foodies playground for cuisine, and outdoor adventures. According to a recent study, Hawaii accounted for 35% of destination weddings. The Hawaii Tourism Authority projects these numbers to increase, as do I. Zika concerns throughout the Caribbean and South America are influencing couples' decisions when it comes to a destination for their wedding or honeymoon, and Hawaii is at the top of the list for 2018.” - Lucky n Love Travel www.luckynlovetravel.com
7. “Outdoor weddings will continue to be popular with wineries being the most popular venues. I also feel that the brides will do more hands on decorating. There may be several reasons for do it yourself. It lowers cost, plus, it allows a bride to personalize her ceremony with her tastes, and not an outsider's taste. If she is creative, it also gives her a chance to express her own creativity. This can be very rewarding in itself.” - Laura Cummings of www.soundsoflaura.com
8. “Blue and White China. Commonly known as “Willow”, this type of china has been in existence since the 14th century. Modern designs hint at the traditional Chinoiserie illustrations, but with more floral motifs . Look for curated settings mixing white china with the blue and white, and even chargers in this pattern.” Shereé Bochenek of apresparty.com
9. “Makeup is timeless. It is flawless skin in person & in photography/videography & an enhancement of each individuals unique & beautiful features.” - Jillyan Scarpa of http://skinbarandpaint.com
10. “Timeless elegance will be mixed with earthy flare! Romance looks easy when it is true!” - Tracy Silver of TS Tiara
What are your predictions for 2018 weddings? Please comment below.
Wedding Vendors: Did you like this blog post? Want more? Then, fill out our short form and get a FREE subscription to high-value marketing articles from Christine Dyer, social media expert and founder of BridalTweet.com ($197 value). SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Christine Dyer, Social Media Expert and Founder of BridalTweet
Write a Review or Comment