Africa’s unspoilt wilderness, teeming wildlife, spectacular beaches, and modern cities make it an idyllic destination for honeymooners who seek solitude, excitement, and quality time together. African honeymoon destinations offer a variety of experiences from glamping (glamorous camping!) amid wildlife to lazing on pristine beaches, to wine tasting, and more.
As you embark on a new life together, experiencing Africa at any of the following destinations will add to the wonderful memories that you will cherish.
1. Rubondo Island, Tanzania: Rubondo Island sits like an enticing emerald in the enormous Lake Victoria – the birthplace of the River Nile. This National Park, with its dense tropical jungles, is home to numerous animals and birds. Set amidst the Jurassic World kind of ambience on this mostly uninhabited island, there are stretches of beautiful rolling grasslands and panoramic sandy beaches.
When you visit this island as one of African honeymoon destinations, you can stay at The Rubondo Island Camp, which has some rustic cottages, tents and luxurious tree houses. This romantic getaway offers breathtaking views of the surrounding forest and lake. Relax, soak in the beauty, hike through the forest, take game drives and boat rides, fish, embark on a chimp safari, go bird-watching, and get to know each other.
2. Maasai Mara National Park, Kenya: The Maasai Mara National Reserve adjoins Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. Its beauty lies in its endless expanse of golden grass interspersed with the acacia trees that are typical of Africa. The picturesque National Park abounds with the African wildlife, and in the months of August to October, you can witness the annual migration of over two million wildebeests and zebras, which cross the park to seek greener pastures.
While here, you can simply lie back and enjoy the stunning landscape, or experience the local Maasai life, take an interpretive walk in the bush, and share the thrills at one of African honeymoon destinations with your loved one. You can stay in luxurious tents at the local resorts like the Encounter Mara Hotel, Mara Bushtops Luxury Tented Camp, and many other similar camps.
3. Windhoek, Namibia: The small capital city of Namibia lies on the Khomas Highland plateau, at a height of about 1,700 metres (5,600 ft) above sea level, and is cooler compared to the other African honeymoon destinations. Ensconced in a beautiful valley surrounded by the Eros and the Auas mountains, this erstwhile German colony still has remnants of the German language and architecture.
Visit Windhoek for your honeymoon and partake the experiences that this modern and cosmopolitan city has to offer. These could be German dishes, bread and beer, and you can even celebrate the German carnival, besides exploring the historical landmarks and monuments in the city. Windhoek has some very beautiful and luxurious hotels and resorts, where you can cozy up with your loved one. The Olive Exclusive Hotel, Guesthouse Terra Africa, and the Casa Piccolo Hotel, are some of the hotels in Windhoek.
4. Victoria Falls, Zambia: The indigenous Tongas call it the Mosi-oa-Tunya, or the Smoke That Thunders. The Victoria Falls, which lie on the border between Zambia and Tanzania, are the world's largest sheet of falling water, and its spray can be seen for miles. After the Zambezi River cascades at the Victoria Falls, it cuts through a series of spectacular and dramatic gorges.
You can revel in the sights and sounds of the African river life and the spectacular waterfalls, while you relax with your loved one on a romantic laidback boat cruise on the Zambezi River. Or you can get an adrenalin rush on helicopter or microlight rides, bungee jumping, and going on river rafting trips at the deafening falls. The hotels at this African honeymoon destinations offer breathtaking views and comforts that enhance your whole honeymoon experience. Try out the Royal Livingstone Hotel, AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, the Tongabezi Lodge and many more hotels and resorts that are available in this picturesque place.
5. Bazaruto Islands, Mozambique: Just off the coast of Mozambique, the Bazaruto archipelago is made up of five sandy islands that are characterized by their sand dunes, clear turquoise waters, fine white sandy beaches, fringed by palm trees and lush vegetation. Little villages are tucked away beneath cashew nut and orange trees. The unspoiled coral reefs that surround the island add to your ecstasy when you spot turtles, dolphins and whale sharks as you snorkel or scuba dive. If you are lucky, you might sight a humpback whale.
This island is perfect to be included in idyllic African honeymoon destinations where you can spend romantic days and evenings on various beaches. Add to your romantic experience by staying at the Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort, the Bahia Mar Boutique Hotel, and other such hotels.
6. Cape Winelands, South Africa: The Cape Winelands, which are situated very close to Johannesburg, are wedged between some extremely scenic mountains. The Winelands offer one of the most picturesque landscapes in South Africa, called fynbos, which are quite different when compared to the rest of Africa. Some of the best wines in the world are produced in these vineyards and you can sample them during your visits on such African honeymoon destinations.
The region is also popular for some excellent restaurants that offer local and international cuisines. You can stay at boutique hotels like the Le Quartier Francais or at home stays like the Lavender Farm Guest House, where you get a chance to soak up the local flavor and wine, while you unwind amidst panoramic beauty. Enjoy hiking through the vineyards with your loved one, and add to your memories by taking hot air balloon rides over the idyllic landscapes.
7. Okavango Delta, Botswana: Located in the middle of the Kalahari Desert, the Okavango Delta is one of the largest inland deltas in the world. Enjoy an incredibly diverse safari experience! Explore the Okavango Delta on exciting boat rides, game drives, night drives, walks, and enjoy the unbelievably colourful sceneries that the sun paints on the horizon.
The Kana Kara Camp, the Nxabega Okavango Safari Camp, Pom Pom Camp and more provide luxurious glamping experience at these African honeymoon destinations.
8. Lake Malawi, Malawi: Enjoy the dramatic crystal clear waters of one of the cleanest freshwater lakes in the world. Surrounded by golden sandy beaches and lush forests amidst spectacular mountains, the lake offers scenic and colourful panoramas and water sporting opportunities. The lake is also home to brightly coloured fishes, rock formations and lake bed contours.
If you are seeking a remote place to spend some quality time with your loved one, then visit this African honeymoon destinations and stay at the boutique hotels that this place has to offer, like the Chintheche Inn, Pumulani, Norman Carr Cottage and more.
9. Seychelles: The island paradise of Seychelles has about 116 islands scattered across the Indian Ocean and are thousands of miles from any other landform. Get lost on the white sandy palm-fringed beaches, unspoiled coral reefs, and turquoise waters that surround dense forests and coconut groves.
Stay at the exotic resorts like the Banyan Tree Resort and Spa, and unwind and de-stress by indulging in all the activities that these fun filled islands have to offer on this African honeymoon destinations.
10. Blue Train, South Africa: The Blue Train is a hotel on wheels that provides luxurious private cabins, apart from The Lounge Car. The train runs between Pretoria and Cape Town and offers a scenic 27-hour journey, where you can romantically admire the ever-changing dramatic landscapes on the African sub-continent.
You can visit Kimberley, famous for the diamond rush and home to De Beers, the premier diamond mining company in the world.
Plan your trip of a lifetime to any of these African honeymoon destinations. For your obligation-free trip proposal, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Write a Review or Comment