The times are a-changin’ and so are honeymoon ideas. Newlyweds now seek adventure along with romance; they want to visit exciting locations and indulge in exotic cuisines. Asia offers an exciting array of honeymoon destinations and activities for the young and restless. Here is a host of exciting activities at luxury Asia honeymoon vacation spots that will soon have you and your significant other packing your bags.
- Sightseeing: The most wonderful aspect of visiting a foreign country are the unique sights we treasure forever. From the stunning White Temple or Wat Rong Khun of Chiang Rai in Thailand to the cascading waterfalls of Khone Phapheng in Laos, to the ethereal Taj by the moonlight in Agra, what can be lovelier than to experience a whole new world? Asia has some of the most coveted natural wonders so make sure you have a well-researched sightseeing list on your luxury Asia honeymoon.
- Underwater fun: Here’s calling all water lovers out there, especially couples who want to enjoy a luxury Asia honeymoon. There are so many fun activities to do if you love exploring the sea and all its underwater treasures. Whether it’s snorkeling (Indonesia), swimming with dolphins (India, Maldives), scuba diving (Thailand) or white-water rafting (Sri Lanka, India), Asia will literally have you drenched in fun!
- Swaying to new beats: Dance and music are the essence of romance and you will get a chance to enjoy a stunning variety of both on your luxury Asia honeymoon. What better way to unwind on your romantic getaway than to sway to brave new beats! Don’t miss the graceful moves of the veiled women of Rajasthan, India as they perform the Ghoomar dance; or Cambodian damsels performing the Apsara dance; enjoy too the stirring notes of the Lao khene ( a bamboo mouth organ), and the wonderful folk operas of Vietnam on your luxury Asia honeymoon.
- Spot wildlife: Those who love animals will love Asia. Asia is home to thousands of species of animals and birds. From mighty elephants, to fearsome tigers, to majestic peacocks and lazy sloth bears, and all the animals in between, Asia has it all. A luxury Asia honeymoon trip should include some of the best national parks and sanctuaries of Asia. The Komodo Island National Park in Indonesia is the home the frightfully exotic Komodo dragons, or giant lizards; Hoàng Liên National Park, Vietnam has more than 347 species of spectacular birds; while Ranthambore National Park in India offers a chance to spot the Royal Bengal tiger to make your luxury Asia honeymoon an unforgettable one.
- See temples and palaces: Asia is home to the oldest and most interesting religions of the world. India, Nepal, Tibet, China and Thailand are home to ancient religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. Ancient as well modern temples abound here such as Amritsar’s Golden Temple in India, and the Wat Phra Kaew or Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok. Here too you will find stunning palaces such as the Umaid Bhavan Palace in Jodhpur, India; the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, also known as the Summer Palace, in Thailand; and the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. These are only some of the grandest palaces you will see on a luxury Asia honeymoon.
- Indulge your taste buds: Food glorious food! What romantic trip is complete without pampering the taste buds? Your luxury Asia honeymoon is incomplete without the eclectic and delectable cuisines of Asia. From the spicy Chettinad cuisine of South India, to the rich flavors of Mughlai cuisine in North India, the fresh, clean taste of Japanese sushi and sashimi to the explosion of Vietnamese sweet, sour and spicy fare you can embark on a journey of gastronomic delights and discoveries. Asia is known for the wide variety of cuisines available and each country has something exciting to offer.
- Enjoy a massage: Asia offers some of the finest and most exotic beauty treatments you can ask for. Most resorts and hotels do have a spa, but certain countries offer specialty treatments you should not miss. If you are visiting India, try their world renowned Ayurvedic massages and beauty oil treatments; and in Thailand don’t miss the famous Thai massage – said to be the most relaxing in the world.
- Seek adventure: Peaceful honeymoons are welcome, but what if you and partner want more action? Asia has many options that can give you an adrenalin rush. There are plenty of opportunities here for honeymooners to enjoy a luxury Asia honeymoon experience that packs a punch. Skydiving and scuba diving are a must if you are travelling to Thailand; and you can try everything from zip lining, to hot-air ballooning to paragliding in India.
- Laze on the beach: Beaches and honeymoons are “made for each other”. A honeymoon is incomplete without a lovely, romantic walk down the beach. Most of Asia is coastal and has lovely sandy stretches for beach-lovers. Let’s name a few of the best beaches for you: Radhanagar Beach (Havelock, Andaman Islands), Ko Lipe (Thailand), Tangalle Beach (Sri Lanka), Calangute (India). Complete your luxury Asia honeymoon with a candlelit dinner on a beach while tides roll in!
- Go camping: Hiking and camping are a great way to explore and discover a new country. There are many opportunities in Asia for people who like to go backpacking. Countries like Bhutan have wonderful hiking spots, and the country’s natural beauty and colorful wildlife are added attractions. For those who want to experience a different kind of luxury Asia honeymoon, India offers amazing wildlife safaris from Hemis National Park, in Ladakh, to Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary in Kerala.
All said and done, a luxury Asia honeymoon tour is sure to keep you and your spouse busy in ways you cannot imagine! For your obligation-free itinerary, get in touch with us at Enchanting Travels.