Etiquette and Traditions (30)

Discussions Replies Our 20,000 Members are SO Active! Check It Out...

assigned seating

If we are not having assigned seating is it rude to have a few reserved tables for the parents and older relatives and if so how do I label…

Started by mary sirianni

5 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by mary sirianni

Help, please. How to address "second" parents on the Wedding Program

Hi all.  I have a bride who is very close with her Aunt and Uncle, basically her second set of parents.  She would like to honor them in th…

Started by Katherine Reece

2 Jul 15, 2010
Reply by isentu

If Father won't walk you down the aisle, Is it ok to ask your future father-in-law?

My father is refusing to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day, and my fiance' is saying that i should ask his dad( my future father-in-…

Started by christina dawn nelson

17 May 25, 2010
Reply by COLLEZIONE FORTUNA FASHION BOUTI

Bossy groom's stepmom( real mom died a few years ago)

This stepmom doesn't seem to understand her role. WE have cut the list 2 times and now want her to cut, she cut a few of which some were gr…

Started by elizabeth batchelor

1 May 12, 2010
Reply by Glen Shevlin

Families not so close

My fiance and I live in California. Most of my family is all over the world (literally) and some on the east coast (Maryland and South Caro…

Started by Tina Mack

7 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Revelry Invitation Studio

Is a Receiving Line at the church still "traditional" or can couples simply greet their guests at the reception table-by-table?

Timing on the wedding day is crucial to make sure that the day goes smoothly.  We find that couples get "bogged down" by lengthy receiving…

Started by Jen Brugliera

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Creative Elegance Weddings

Wedding Etiquette - One simple rule

One of the many hats that I wear as a wedding coordinator is bridal advisor.  And by far, I do the most advising on issues of etiquette.  B…

Started by Amy VanMeter Events

2 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Creative Elegance Weddings

"The Early Bird Get's The Worm"!

Hello Professionals, After meeting a potential client,and thinking all went well! I understood, that they have more interviews to do, they…

Started by Stylish Affair"s By Mickey Long

11 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Phillip Brunelle

Dealing with the Generation that plans their wedding on the internet?

What happened to the initial meeting and eye to eye contact? What happened to a sense of well being when you greet someone in person.   Ho…

Started by Annette Aaron

16 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Phillip Brunelle

During the Holidays, do you prefer to buy from merchants who donate a portion of sales to charity or non-profits?

With so many charitable organizations and non-profits needing help (this year especially), I'm wondering if you try to make purchases from…

Started by Victoria Gloster

2 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Sandra Aaron

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service