Hello Wedding Professionals,

What free exposure for your wedding business?  Then, tell me your 2013 wedding predictions!

I'm preparing a blog post that will be published in January of 2013, which will be called: 2013 Wedding Predictions.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those predictions and trends will be.  I'll pick the 10 best (and most-likely-to-occur predictions).  Then, when I create the blog, I'll mention your business name.  I'll also link your prediction to your website or blog.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  

What should you do???

1. Please share 1-2 wedding industry predictions or trends below in this discussion thread.  Share your thoughts on color trends, fashion, decor, music, etiquette - you name it.  See an example below.
  2. Feel free to include 1-2 photos in your submission to increase your chances of getting picked.  If you do include a photo, please link it to the webpage where it was originally found or give credit to the photographer.
  3. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to see what you think will happen to weddings in the New Year!

Views: 3873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Christine,

In addition to the 10 Hot Wedding trends by Gail Oliver that were featured on my blog, I have a couple more I would like to personally add to the list. As a wedding planner in Southern California, I've noticed my clients are asking and booking more creative, eclectic, and non-traditional venues for their wedding day. Although the beach, hotel, and woodsy outdoor venues have been super popular, I think that we will see more unique venues for brides and grooms in 2013, such as museums/art galleries, restaurants, rooftops in downtown areas, vineyards, industrial-like buildings, private homes, and more.

Here are a couple examples of this trend prediction - Creative, Eclectic, & Unique Venues.

One of my brides this summer exchanged vows at the Long Beach Musuem of Art:

Photographer | David from Novia Bella Photography

Another one of my clients shared their love vows at a rustic stable in Huntington Beach called Red Horse Barn:

Photographer | Pavonne Photography

My current bride plans on getting married at a Masonic Lodge and you have no idea how beautiful her wedding and reception are going to be at this eclectic venue - can't wait to share pictures next year!

STYLE & DECOR TREND PREDICTION FOR 2013

When it comes to style and decor for 2013, I anticipate sequins and pearls being a hot new trend for weddings next year in apparel, accessories, and wedding/reception decor. Here are a few examples:

{Apparel}

Sequins Combined With Other Fabric

Full Sequin Dress

Partial Sequin Dress 

{Wedding/Reception Decor}

Sequin Linen

Sequin LOVE Letters

Sequin Runner & Chair Covers

Sequin Centerpiece

Pearl Centerpiece

Pearl Cake Accents

Pearl Details On A Wedding Arch

Pearl Jewelry 

I LOVE the sequin and pearl trend and I definitely think we will see more of these lovely accents incorporated in weddings in 2013!  Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts on next year's wedding trends - I hope you enjoyed my predictions!

Thank you!

Elvira DeCuir
{Wedding & Event Planner}

Contact | 714.987.2233
Email | 3DMemoirs@gmail.com
Blog | 3D-Memoirs (www.3d-memoirs.com)
"…the beauty is in the details!"

I think for 2013 weddings we might see the following

1. Mint

Mint will be the favorite of brides in 2013.

2. Birds

Birds are everywhere and we expect to see this trend in 2013 also.

3. Paper lanterns

They are inexpensive and look great.

4. Braids

We see braids in every hot summer movie and we think they will be big for wedding hair styles in 2013.

5. Backgrounds

These will be hot favorite in 2013.

Owner of White Butterfly Wedding Creations

I feel as we keep going in this economy and not really knowing where it is going to take us for the year 2013. I believe that more elegant yet simple, romantic & intimate weddings are going to be more feasible for brides and grooms for 2013. More at home, park , beach and garden ceremonies. Many with more vibrant colors, patterns and mixed themes. Colors of Teal, Purple & Blues, Tropical, bright reds,oranges,yellows. Although the "Wedding Day" is all about the Bride. I believe the Groom will be more involved this coming year . It is important to incorporate both bride and grooms personalities into "their" day. Ex: Bride is about romance =Ceremony for her = red, white roses, candlelight,chandeliers. Groom loves Vegas= Reception for both = colors of red, black, white  all followed by a after party for Groom with roulette, blackjack, poker tables etc...The saying of "Less is More" will be true for 2013. Weddings do not have to be in the $$$$$$ you can accomplish the same goal and memories by having simple ceremonies , yet more lavish receptions. Romantic Beach Ceremonies can be gorgeous and range from $200- $2500 again Less is More.. 2013 will be more creative ideas, mixed themes for brides and grooms yet more on a budget.

White Butterfly Wedding Creations

www.whitebutterflyweddingcreations.com

561-502-2522

Melissa C Wexler

Attachments:

Predictions for the 2013 Bridal season: 1920's inspired vintage! There will be a shift from the currently popular rustic vintage - with the wildflower, ball jar look - to a more polished vintage with those prohabition era influences!

During the last part of 2012,  I worked with an increasing number of brides selecting all religious music for their 30 minute prelude (music while guests are entering and being seated.)  Beautiful  Irish, Welsh, and English hymns are being chosen.  I think this trend of choosing more spiritual music will continue into 2013.   Another trend in music parallels the dress trend of vintage.   More brides will want the melodic music of the 20's, 30's, and 40's.  Classic standards from these earlier eras of music carry a lasting melody and message that can be remembered long after the wedding has passed.   These melodies can be recalled years later.

Pianist, Laura Cummings

Sounds of Laura

www.soundsoflaura.com

(Photos by T.J. Cummings)

Attachments:

We've got Ten Predictions for 2013 wedding trends on our blog. Here are a few favorites!

Vintage Weddings - Vintage weddings will remain popular. The '20s will stay hot (thanks to the likes of the Great Gatsby movie) & '60s will become popular, too!

Assorted Mini Desserts - Mini pies, mini cakes, lots of little desserts on a beautiful spread!

Gowns with Lace Sleeves - I'm seeing this a lot on celebrity gowns right now especially with small cap sleeves, as well as our own brides, so I think it will star showing up all over.

Vineyard Weddings - We've done a couple vineyard weddings this fall and have more booked for next year, so I see this trend continuing. Who doesn't love wine!?

I'll reveal the rest here tomorrow!

Thanks,

Shanna Pharis

Nostalgia Film

Dear Christine,

hope you are well and thanks so much for this opportunity. I truly believe there are 2 big trends happening next year:

1. DESTINATION WEDDINGS are on a certain rise, even more than in previous years. The main reasons for that are sunny locations chosen for destination weddings, smaller more intimate weddings, lower costs than the wedding of  a traditional larger scale and more exotic touches. Brides are looking for a wow factor more than ever in weddings and planning a destination wedding offers her exactly that.

2. DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING THINGS- we have definitely seen a rise in different ways of doing weddings, especially in flowers and cakes, like cupcakes for example, but new ideas are coming up every day, like for instance this cool cheese barrel cake, which, after being cut, is served with grapes and crackers. How cool is that? :)

We post regularly new ideas and wedding in Dubrovnik info on our blogspot (http://dubrovnikweddingsandevents.blogspot.com/ )  and our website www.dubrovnikevent.com

happy holidays and happy planning to all!

Ines Nanic

Managing director and Head Wedding Designer

Dubrovnik Event

www.dubrovnikevent.com

Hello Christine:

Here at The Buckle Boutique our predictions include:

The use of gold will be even more prevalent. All of us baby boomers remember the day (not too long ago) when we would not be caught dead wearing a piece of white gold or even worse, silver jewelry! My, how times have changed!  The cycles of yellow vs. white gold in jewelry are well documented. We are in the very early stages of the end of the white gold cycle and the beginning of the yellow gold trend.

The stationery industry is known as a "trend incubator". In fact, many non-paper people attend the National Stationery Show in New York, just to spot new trends emanating from the industry.

As the rhinestone buckle and accessory supplier to some of the better-known couture invitation companies, I can tell you from first-hand experience that their designers are requesting yellow gold rhinestone buckles and brooch designs for inclusion in their books. Demand for yellow gold is on the rise!

Just in the last few months, I have seen a definite up-tick in brides contacting me for yellow gold embellishments. The feedback I am getting is that gold embellishments are very hard to find.

Flowerless weddings are in! We all have witnessed the explosion of the Brooch Bouquets in the last three years. They truly are a long lasting and beautiful alternative to the traditional floral bouquet. Brooch Bouquets along with other DIY flowers made from all kinds of materials are a unique way to interject the happy couple’s style into the ceremony while also saving money.

How does the wedding professional fit into this new era of the DIY Brooch Bouquet?? The Buckle Boutique to the rescue!!!  We offer a beautiful professionally designed and manufactured Rhinestone Brooch Bouquets with a wholesale price-point that allows for keystone + retail pricing. http://thebuckleboutique.com/beautiful-rhinestone-bridal-brooch-bou... 

We also offer professionally pre-made Rhinestone Picks that are perfect as accents to flower based bouquets and as cake jewelry. You can also put a number of the picks together, add some artificial flowers and you have just created your own brooch bouquet in a snap! http://thebuckleboutique.com/Vintage-Look-Rhinestone-Brooch-Bouquet...

At The Buckle Boutique, we delight in the details.  To see our entire selection of Rhinestone Buckles and other Exquisite Embellishments, please visit us at www.TheBuckleBoutique.com

Cathie Bortz

Designer/Owner

www.TheBuckleBoutique.com

1.  Burlap and mason jars have run their course and while brides still like the vintage elements, they will shift from rustic to more elegant touches.  Some say that this has to do with the release of the Great Gatsby movie, but I really think it stems from a larger desire to put some sparkle and sophistication back into weddings. The rustic/burlap/mason jar weddings have been all over wedding blogs for 2012 - they are no longer unique and fresh. 

http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/2011/10/13/elegant-gold-ba...

2.  Food will be a main feature at weddings, with couples trying to find exciting ways to impress their guests - from unique and culturally-inspired offerings and presentations, food stations to create more of an interactive experience, food trucks offering local favorites at destination weddings (think shave ice in Hawaii), and off-the-wall signature cocktails.  Couples who place a large emphasis on the food will quite possibly siphon funds from other areas of the wedding budget to create the experience they want.

Michelle Garibay

Owner and Lead Consultant

Michelle Garibay Events

www.michellegaribayevents.com

Hello Christine

In relation to our predictions for 2013, we have examined the latest requests that have arrived for 2013 and we have seen that generally, the requests are within these guidelines:

Our predictions for weddings in 2013 are:

1)  Elegance and Romance

2)  Smaller, more intimate weddings.

3)  Venue exclusivity

4)  Ceremony

5)  Vacation wedding

1)  Elegance and Romance:

With regards to elegance and romance, we have noted that couples are short listing the number of guests they would like at their wedding and choosing villas, castles or small resorts to celebrate their wedding.  These venues in Italy are restored antique buildings with all the latest comforts at the same time they retain their cosy and elegant atmosphere with romance embedded in their walls.  Complete Bridal parties can be  accommodated in antique frescoed Villas or Castles, allowing all of them  to join in and live the uniqueness of the couple’s wedding experience as a once-in-a lifetime experience. 

2)  Smaller, more intimate weddings:

We have noticed that more and more frequently couples choose to live their wedding day with the family and friends that they feel closest to.  This generally brings them to ask for venues that are not very large like castles and villas.  Practically their wedding becomes a real vacation wedding.  During their stay, the families have the possibility both to share their intimate moments together, maybe besides the swimming-pool or also by calling a Cook to cook for them, at the same time they can visit, in particular choosing Tuscany or Umbria regions, one of the most famous places in the world and visit cities like Florence, Siena, Lucca, Orvieto, Assisi and Perugia.

This drives them to choose, also in relation to the first point of which we have already talked about, buildings with many rooms, avoiding thus big hotels and choosing villas and castles that are already elegant and at the same time can be hired in exclusivity as I will mention further on.

Furthermore, we can also say that often the castles, the villas, the small resorts are very elegant in Italy, where you can also often find rooms with frescoed walls and where it is also possible to hold a wedding party as a princess.

3)  Venue Exclusivity

This is a point that we are noting more and more often and we think that in 2013 it is really a valid point which couples will be targeting more often.  To have a real Castle all to yourself and your guests is a luxury, for most people it is most-likely a luxury that you can have only once-in-a-lifetime.  Why not take advantage of the occasion of your wedding to have at your disposition an entire castle, villa or resort where you are served and pampered?  This allows you to move around in absolute tranquility in “Your House” without having to ask for example; if you can play the music a little higher during the wedding party, or not having outside people destroying your day by making noise during the celebration, etc ….

Often, there is the chance of hiring in exclusive a small resort with 10/20 rooms, you have the possibility of inviting your guests and most of them have a little restaurant, swimming-pool, bar and a concierge that takes 100% care of your desires, before, during and after your wedding day.

4)  Ceremony. 

We predict an increase of wedding ceremonies done outdoors.  In this case the Bride and the Bridegroom avoid all the obstacles that are involved in the producing of legal documents that often are quite tough.

An outdoor wedding ceremony gives you the possibility to choose a luscious green garden, an enclosed courtyard in a castle or a vineyard in the countryside, increasing the romantic atmosphere of the place.  Practically you remain cuddled by the surrounding atmosphere. 

A very important aspect of having your wedding ceremony in this way is that there is no need to transfer the people from your castle to the commune town hall and vice versa because the ceremony takes place in the same place that you and your guests are accommodated.

5) Vacation wedding. 

As said above, having a wedding in Italy is also an occasion for a holiday and to be with your friends and family that maybe you haven’t seen for a long time.  Often and always more often, couples request a dinner the day before the wedding, maybe very informal like a barbeque or a pizza-party, where all the guests can get to know one another better so as to arrive the next day at the wedding in a friendlier way.  The day after the wedding, the couples usually request a brunch to say thank you for coming.  This also allows the guests to live to the full the destination wedding in Italy, three days altogether and happy -

A once in a lifetime party with the closest family and friends that have travelled to share the couples most important day with them.

My website - www.italyprestige.com

Copyright - My weddings copyright on photos and venues

Photo credits - marco Miglianti

Hi Christine,

My is Anne-Laurie Placide, Lead Event Planner at Glamorous Elements. 

My predictions for the year 2013 are;

-more cakes with ruffles! I personally think they are simply elegant!

Pictures from: http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/2012/03/19/wedding-ideas-r...

- More and more destination weddings

-Smaller weddings

Anne-Laurie Placide

Professional Event Planner

Glamorous Elements

Info@glamorouselements.com

http://www.facebook.com/GlamorousElements

Attachments:

I think one of the big trends to continue and grow even further is the fusion of DIY elements into everything from the ceremony to reception.  Think paper or fabric flowers, tissue garlands, favors, confetti and more.  With sites like Pinterest becoming more and more popular and brides wanting their big day to reflect their personalities versus traditional styling I think we will continue to see the growth of DIY projects being incorporated.  Of course while many brides will want this look they may want to consider hiring a stylist to assist in bringing this look together some of the DIY's can be time intensive.

Melissa Brown

www.styledbymelissa.com

facebook

http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com/2011/05/paper-lanterns.html

http://greenweddingshoes.com/diy-tissue-tassel-garland/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service