Has anyone attended a wedding where the couple made a donation to charity in lieu of (or in addition to) favors. Is anyone planning on incorporating charity favors into their own weddings?

Views: 158

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been to 3 weddings in the past year that did donations in lieu of favors.
The first wedding I ever planned, couple did a charity donation in lieu of favors; Bride's dad died one week before her wedding, donation went to Cancer society.
I have not yet but I think it is a great idea. I know that I have been to weddings where I recieved a favor that I never used again. This way you know you that your money will not go to waste because it is going to a great cause.

Nicole Keesler
I personally it is such a great idea. One of my customers donated money towards the Cancer Society because the groom had cancer. They did still do favors, small and cheap though. They ordered mini gold favor chair boxes and filled them with candy and then hung a tag on them to let their guests know that money was donated.

www.thefavorshoppe.com
Yes, I had one bride who got married in October 2009, that did Charity Favors. We did a table with the names of the charities tied on the vases.....and the favors were wooden circle blocks (that were placed at each table) where the guests could donate an amount too the charity of their choice. Once they did that, they went to the table and placed them into the vases with the names of the Charities. I thought it was a very thoughtful idea, especially since it meant so much to the bride and the groom. If you're interested, I have photos of this on my profile under "Lindsey & Jimmy Wedding"....feel free to check it out.

Simply Unique Weddings & Events
www.simplyuniqueweddingsandevents.com
  • I LOVE the idea to print the announcement on the back of the place cards.I had thought of making some kind of note on the back of the place cards indicating we had made a contribution to this specific charity.Is this better idea?.If any one needs help to plan a wedding,can use the wedding planner iPad app and make full use of it.
I would have to say the majority of my couples are giving a donation to their favorite cause instead of favors.  Also, we have had a few brides that place a charity box at the head table and if the guests want them to kiss they have to make a donation first.

Just a thought. What a great idea it would be to use favors that could be used by charity groups. Maybe candle holders, or .........can't think of anything right now, but I'll keep it in mind. Things for the homeless, hungry.

It is a good idea , I believe many couples will do this ~

I just started a blog about what wedding favors say! Check it out! Feedback is always welcome.

http://lovetheweddingplanners.blogspot.com/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service