Do New Yorkers throw better, more extravagant weddings? What do you think and why?

Many people would agree that when it comes to throwing a wedding New Yorkers do it bigger and better.  They take everything and anything to the next level to make their wedding '1 up' then the one before. From their entertainment, flashy limousines, decadent food, extravagant florals, and numerous added upgrades, they make sure to put on a show stopping wedding that their guests will remember forever!  What do you think - New Yorkers do it better? how and why?

Views: 47

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well here in Western New York it is definitely different than in New York City. It is a different way of life and I think that guests and couples have different expectations of what to expect from a wedding.

Nicole
Creative Elegance Weddings
I think it's just the culture here, my NYC events have so many diverse vendors to choose from, thereby making each event more distinctive than the next one. You add to the fact NYC tends to attract more people willing to take chances and dare to be different without penalty. We are definitely not one of the most reserved cities in the world compared to other places. NYC also has the largest diversity of North America, which creates a nice blend of different inter-faith/race getting married.
I agree, there are alot of unique vendors to choose from that make NY weddings 'over the top'- cigar rollers, walking table ladies, amenity bags, personalized concession stands - the list goes on and the possibilities are endless! It's almost competitive, brides have a mind set of 'what can have at my wedding that hasn't been done before'. They definately get their creative juices flowing and use their imagination to the fullest.

It does depend on what area of New York you are in. I attended a wedding upstate and you can say things were a little different than what I'm used to. Cocktail hour consisted of a wait staff of two who were walking about with a platter of bruchetta and mini pizzas. Not to mention I was slightly overdressed.

Despite all the unique, over the top, 'add ons' or lack there of, we have to remember that a wedding is a celebration of love and the start of the rest of your life with the one you love!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service