Help! I'm torn. I'm creating a brochure for my business and I wonder if it's better to list my service fee's in the brochure and on my website or leave it for consultation. What does everyone think?

Deanna

Fresh events

Cincinnati

Views: 6341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At SophterLight Photography we do post our pricing for many of the reasons listed below.  Primarily It helps customers vet photographers, in turn, this frees up valuable vendor time to focus on interested customers. I suggest that pricing is an integral part of one's value proposition.

Personally speaking, I become irritated when I shop and there are no prices--whether it is online or in the traditional brick-and-mortar storefront--I want to evaluate an item or service first, compare pricing to similar options, then if I need more information I can seek a sales person to become better informed. Many times I will ignore "price-less" items or services specifically because I trust my ability to assess an items value to me and don't have the time to engage. 

Great insight everyone, thank you for the opportunity to participate. I hope we helped.

Attachments:
Are you saying that you will post all of your prices including packaging info? I believe that posting "Starting At" helps rather than a list of items they aren't able to see or touch.

Hi,

I have had these debate with many people. My business coach says don't put your service fees on your website because then brides are forced to contact you. Well as some of my brides told me that if they don't see any prices on the website they move onto other sites. So, what I have done is put fees down for certain services and for the bigger services I ask  to be contacted. 

I hope that helps.

Alexandra

alwayalexandrasweddings.com

Absolutely post prices! In today's too busy to enjoy life most brides are balancing a job or 2, maybe school, maybe even children with planning a wedding. They don't have the luxury of time to waste and want your site or brochure to get right to the point and answer the questions that we all already know they have... starting with "how much". If you are afraid to list your actual prices at least give them a price range.

We are very successful and you can see our price chart right near the top on our home page at http://www.abetterdj.net

I always published my  fees and found that I got better quality calls, it also saves me lots of time that I would otherwise have to spend on the phone.

I started to write leave it for consultation, but after reading some of your replies, I see why you have pricing. I learned something and will only post my higher end packages. Thank you!

For years I did not have anything on my website and received endless calls from people who did not want to pay the  necessary fees a wedding officiant needs to stay in business.  So, I put my fees on my website and brochure.  Now, I receive a lot fewer calls, as people can view the fees before calling.This saves me a lot of time.  However, it also does not give me a chance to talk to them on the phone.    So, I think it is a mixed bag.  I also put an explanation on my website about why wedding officiants who are retired ministers or small business owners charge more than a minister from your own congregation who is salaried which includes doing weddings for church members.  Non-religoius couples want the low fees of a minister in a congregation whom they do not support.  Also, the media perpetuates the $100-$200 wedding fee for a minister which certainly does not include transportation and all the costs of a small business owner.

Rev. Judith McLean 

When I contact my leads, I give them my price. That way before they even contact me, they will know whether they can afford my services or not. It seems to have worked so far. Plus, I don't mind negotiating my fee with my client dependant upon their financial situation. I don't believe the cost of my services as an officiant should be unaffordable for anyone, thus I don't advertise my pricing on my site. We have also discussed pricing mileage and along with giving my price, I ask them for a donation for mileage. Quite often I have been recompensed more than the standard $.56 per mile and they seem to enjoy surprising me with their donation.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service