Hello Wedding Professionals,

I need your help!  I'm preparing a blog post that will be published next month, which will be called: 2017 Wedding Predictions.  

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those predictions and trends will be.  I'll pick the 10 best predictions, and I'll feature 10 wedding businesses!  

If I choose your prediction, I'll be sure to mention your business name and link to your website.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  

Here's what I need you to do...

1. In the discussion thread below, please share one prediction for 2017 weddings along with one beautiful photo.  Share your predictions about things like color trends, fashion, decor, music, etiquette, etc.  
  2. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Here's an example...

2017 Weddings Will Experience Dramatic Opulence.  Lush, romantic linens and floral arrangements set the tone for an opulent affair. When designing, you want to add that 

"drama" piece - whether it be in your intricate table linens, a gleaming candelabra, bride and groom chairs, or hey, even a wall of flowers! Also, keep the look consistent. Keep centerpieces of the same height, one style of chairs, and lush tablescapes. There is a wonderful tone of softness in these looks.  In the picture to the left we see a dramatic, visually stimulating table. But look closer - doesn't the decor convey romance and a certain sense of whimsical? The "Dramatic Opulence 
wedding trend is all about creating an experience within the event.

- by From Allure Party Rentals

And here's a look at last year's 2016 wedding trends predictions.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to see what you think will happen to weddings in the New Year!

Christine Dyer, Creator and Founder of BridalTweet

Views: 1059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is nothing like a real photographer.  Sad to see the guests doing this job instead of enjoying the ceremony and reception.

Hey Christine! We've seen a LOT more heritage and back to roots themed weddings coming our way. Our prediction is that the 2017 season will lean heavily on simplistic design and more rustic vibes. Incorporating aspects of family heritage and more minimalistic decor into ceremonies, receptions and even choice of dress / suit. We're loving the more earthy / muted tones and think that the trend is going to continue to gain momentum!

Ryan @ Tailored Fit Photography

Destination Wedding Photographers based in Kelowna, BC

http://tailoredfitphotography.com

I'm a vendor, and I've found that traditional cake toppers of bride and groom figurines are definitely on their way out. I specialize in creating custom wedding cake toppers, and they are a hit! Brides love handmade wedding decor. Here are some of my best sellers. I also find couples leaning toward more non-traditional things - perhaps something funny, or something geeky they both love.

Shop: Inked Icing

We are already seeing changes to the traditional solitary romantic honeymoon.  Couples are now opting for honeymoons that include more activities and even extreme adventures, including things like zip lining, hiking, rafting, jet skis, 4 wheel ATVs, horseback riding, scuba, sky diving and more,  In addition we are also noticing an uptick in come-a-long honeymoons with many weddings being couples who have been together for sometime, even living together, newlyweds are opting for a honeymoons with friends and family to make the celebration even more memorable.

Burt@LatitudesWI.com
Latitudes Travel
http://www.LatitudesWI.com

Hi Burt,

Do you have a photo that you can add to this?

Thanks so much,

Christine

I'll see what I can find and I'm heading to mexico for a photo shoot for our agency on Wednesday.. If I can't find something I like....  I'll take something new just for you!

The trend to continue in 2017 is blush bridesmaid's gowns and developing a color theme that is EXCITING on camera. Flowers that compliment the blush theme without washing out photos is developing a trend of brighter, more color saturated florals. Creating a beautiful bouquet theme for a beautiful photo is what our brides are looking for as we plan 2017 weddings! Jenny Thomasson AIFD PFCI CFD of Stems Florist in St. Louis, MO  www.stems4weddings.com

Attachments:

I think 2017 will be the year of  'urban earthie'. Brides will make sleek, bold choices that are authentic, warm and romantic!! Opposites attract and the mixing of sophistication and nature will strike a beautiful balance!

Tracy Silver

TSTiara.net

Attachments:

These trends are all great!  Thank you so much for your contributions.  Keep them coming!

- Christine

Madgical Moments Photography

The Colour Purple combines the stability of the blue colour and the energy of the red colour.  Through the ages, purple has always been associated with royalty, nobility and prestige.  The colour purple can also symbolize mystery, magic, power and luxury.

Madgical Moments Photography has photographed an increasing amount of weddings of the past two years where the colour purple is the themed colour and predicts that 2017 will see the colour come into vogue for more and more Bridal Couples who marry in the light of the Colour Purple.

Call / Text / Email for a current Wedding Photography Brochure - or visit us on Facebook - MMP

Creating Madgical Memories & servicing Melbourne and surrounds in

Victoria - Australia

Madgical Moments Photography   0412478080

Margaret@trist.com.au

www.madgicalmomentsphotography.com

www.facebook.com/madgicalmoments

Attachments:

One trend that we are seeing this fall which will continue into 2017 is greenery. Decor is minimalist but greenery everywhere.

Judene McCalla, See You There Invitations

www.seeyouthere.ca

Photo credit: Trevor Booth Photography

Attachments:
The most popular trend I notice for 2017 is muted palettes with pops of color in both the bouquet and flower girl gowns. As I meet with brides and sketch designs, the brides want either rustic or vintage themes and pops of bright, bold color. Purple/plum with lavender accents is the color of choice. Turquoise/aqua or blush pink and gold are trending colors for destination weddings.

Dazzling Diva Designs has custom designed jaw-dropping colorful and full length flower girl gowns that accent the bride and her color palette.

Dazzling Diva Designs
~Where Divas are Born~
Serving Divas Nationwide since 2012
info@dazzlingdivadesigns.co
Custom designed flower girl gowns and skirts
Connect with me:
www.facebook.com/dazzlingdiva12
www.instagram.com/dazzlingdivadesigns
www.pinterest.com/dazzlediva12

Stay Dazzling,
Michele

RSS