When you are in t
he process of hiring a photographer
for your portrait photographs, engagement session, or wedding pictures, it is essential to find the right photographer that matches your needs and vision. Every photographer has a different style, artistic vision, and motivation for the photos they take. Here are the questions and tips that can help you find the right photographer
for your special occasion:
1. Interviews. Interview several photographers. This person is responsible for capturing a stage in your life, whether it be your children growing up, celebrating an engagement, or your wedding day. They need to understand your expectations and personality.
2. Professional experience. Is the photographer a member of any professional associations? How many years has the photographer been shooting professionally? How many years portraits? weddings?
3. Packages. Ask for package options. Make sure there is an option that fits your needs; if there isn’t one, see if the photographer will create a special package for you.
4. Pricing. Ask for pricing information. Check the prices for sitting fees, price per print, and the price for re-touching prints.
5. Inspiration. Ask the photographer what their inspiration is; their inspiration leads to the end result.
6. Referrals. Ask your friends and family who they’ve used in the past and their experience with that particular photographer.
7. Vendors. If you're hiring a wedding photographer, ask the other wedding vendors you are hiring. Vendors who work weddings together get to know each other. More than likely, your cake decorator can recommend a good florist, caterer, or photographer and vice versa.
8. Blogs. Check out their blog. Almost every photographer with a website has a blog. The blog gives you insight to their style, the photographer’s personality, and a sample of their most recent sessions.
9. Samples. Ask for a sample of their previous work in the category you are hiring them for (portrait, engagement, and/or wedding). This is your most direct way of finding out if the shots they take are the style you’re looking for.
10. Personality. Lastly, choose the photographer who you are comfortable with and whose personality you can enjoy. If the photographers understand your personalities and who you are as a couple or family, they can capture the moment perfectly.
Peace, Love, & Gigs!
ORIGINAL BLOG POST: www.gigsalad.com/blog