A wedding on the cards means celebrations, fun and more celebrations. The excitement is top notch for the D- day and what’s more, everyone is loaded with preparations and arrangements. But before the big- fat- wedding day, there is another day that holds utmost importance for the bride and the bridesmaids, the bachelorette! And why won’t it be, after all, it is the last party of the bride as a spinster where she can get sloshed just like her college days!
Considering the immense importance of the hen party, it is equally necessary to figure out the best possible way to pamper the bride- to- be. And if you happen to be a mutual friend of the bride and the groom, you might want to organize an as well. Consult a wedding planner, or check it out online, you will be flooded with ideas for an exciting hens party. If you choose to be the retro bridesmaid, let’s help you out to make the night the best your girl can ever have!
- Party place, best place- The first and the foremost in the checklist must be the arrangement of the perfect venue for the hen do. Keep it classy and yet simple. Decorations must be in sync with your theme of the vintage style. Make sure your girls are transported into the retro era as soon as they set their foot in. Vintage party accessories must be included in the décor to make it more real.
- Vintage style makeovers- It is a vintage style party, so dressing up as a vintage model is a must. Also, isn’t it that your lovely ladies might need some pampering after all the tiring shopping sprees? Organizing a makeover session for the bride and her maids are one such activity that will be enjoyed by all. Ask the queen (the bride, of course) as to which look she would like to nail? The Hollywood goddesses of the 1940s or the miniskirts of the 60s?
- The afternoon is for tea- You surely don’t want to miss out this wonderful vintage tradition of the afternoon tea party! Gather your girls for a hot session of gossips around the table with a cup of tea and spend a gala time. Not only this, but the tea party can also be the time when you can play some fun games. You may hire professionals for organizing the same or if you have some master chefs amongst you, then you are pretty much good to go without any external help. A vintage theme party is not complete without a tea party, isn’t it?
- Playlist on! – No hen party is ever complete without great music. All your girls with their pretty dresses and impeccable makeovers will be drawn to the dance floor if your playlist has the best of retro music. A vintage party with no retro songs to flaunt your moves is no party at all!
- Go camping (with glamour)- If yours is outdoor, you might the make the most of it by going out for vintage style camping. With all the pretty ladies present for the best day of the bride, staying in camps and caravans decorated with vintage features will be a great way to spend a wonderful time together.
- Picture please! - Well, this can also be a part of your wedding shoot since by this time you must have hired a professional photographer. Once all the decorations are done and the beautiful bride and bridesmaids are all done with their fabulous makeovers, a vintage photo shoot is a compulsion. Capturing your best moments with your girl is also mandatory amidst all the fun!
- Bottoms up, ladies- No party ends without booze! Classic cocktails and champagnes are a necessity for your vintage party. You may stock up your venue with abundant vintage drinks for all your girls to slosh and dance!