One of the first decisions you'll have to make when planning your wedding is - where are you going to hold your wedding? Even though we've compiled our list of 250 best places to get married, this decision can still seem very daunting. To help you, here is list of mistakes that you should avoid when choosing your venue. Enjoy!
Avoid these mistakes:
- Booking a reception venue before establishing your guest list.
- Forgetting to ask about taxes, gratuities and hidden fees.
- Not asking about a 'Plan B' option, in case of inclement weather.
- Forgetting to ask about the venue's cancellation policy & penalties.
- Not asking if there are any discounts available based on the size of your guest list.
- Booking a reception venue far away from your ceremony venue.
- Not finding out about noise restrictions.
- Not finding out about handicap accessibility.
- Booking a venue based on price only.
- Not finding out about decoration limitations.
- Not inquiring about space for a band and dance floor.
- Not finding restrictions for outside vendors.
This list was created by Melanie Reynold & Lynn Joseph of Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort.
Still trying to find the wedding venue of your dreams? Here are 250 of our picks for the best wedding venues. Check them out for your big day!