One of the first decisions you'll have to make when planning your wedding is - where are you going to hold your wedding? To help you, here is list of mistakes that you should avoid when choosing your venue.
- Booking a reception venue before establishing your guest list.
- Forgetting to ask about taxes, gratuities and hidden fees.
- Not asking about a 'Plan B' option, in case of inclement weather.
- Forgetting to ask about the venue's cancellation policy & penalties.
- Not asking if there are any discounts available based on the size of your guest list.
- Booking a reception venue far away from your ceremony venue.
- Not finding out about noise restrictions.
- Not finding out about handicap accessibility.
- Booking a venue based on price only.
- Not finding out about decoration limitations.
- Not inquiring about space for a band and dance floor.
- Not finding restrictions for outside vendors.
And be sure to have a back up plan! Severe weather could roll in right at the wrong time. Your venue, photographer, or any vendor for that matter, could face a problem and be unable to provide their contracted services. Wouldn’t it be nice to know that your big day may be covered? On average, wedding insurance policies may cost you less than your three-tiered wedding cake, but could potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars and safeguard your wedding-related investments should things go wrong. Disasters before or during events, even weddings, can happen to anyone. Consider protecting your investment with wedding insurance from WedSafe, so you can have some peace of mind, too. They have two insurance packages that can help you:
- Cancellation Coverage: If circumstances beyond your control such as severe weather or sudden illness force you to postpone or cancel your wedding, this coverage may provide reimbursement for losses and expenses. You may be covered for more than just cancellation or postponement! It can also protect against vendor bankruptcy, damage to wedding photos, attire, jewelry, gifts and more.
- Liability Coverage: Most wedding facilities require you to get $1,000,000–2,000,000 in liability coverage. Pay attention to the insurance clauses early in the game to avoid potential catch-up expenses at the last moment. WedSafe offers a quick, easy and affordable way to meet venue requirements. They work with thousands of venues across the country, and proof of insurance is emailed to them directly, immediately upon purchase.
Want to learn more about WedSafe? CLICK HERE
Founder of BridalTweet.com, & Social Media Expert