2017 Wedding Trend Predictions
BridalTweet.com is now in its seventh year! Since 2009, we've been a thriving community that has inspired engaged couples and wedding professionals. I absolutely love this community's energy and expertise. The images and blog posts that you share are A-MAZING. So, thank you for all of your contributions to help make this a wonderful place to help plan a wedding.
And guess what? Our community's latest trend report is in! Scroll down to find our community's predictions for 2017 wedding fashion, decor, invitations, ambiance and more! Find out what's hot and what's not for the upcoming year!
How did I collect these trends? Well, in early September I reached out to the 20,000 members of this wedding community and asked, "What are your predictions for 2017 weddings?" Below, are the highlights from the answers that I received. After reading this list of predictions, I'm sure that you'll agree that 2017 will bring forth elegant, meaningful moments that we will remember forever!
1. "2017 will be the year of 'urban earthie'. Brides will make sleek, bold choices that are authentic, warm and romantic!! Opposites attract and the mixing of sophistication and nature will strike a beautiful balance!" - Tracy Silver of TSTiara.net
2. "Say Goodbye to DIY. The look now is opulent, updated, and individualized. Think refined, not rustic. Pieces are curated,showing a thoughtful selection chosen specifically for the celebration. Every shade of gold is on-trend, as is lush linens, as fabrics become more and more detailed. Soft shades of champagne, blush, and taupe are highlighted with re-embroidered lace, sequins, and raw fabric treatments." - Sheree Bochenek of apresparty.com
3. "Heritage and back-to-roots themed weddings are coming our way. Aspects of family heritage and more minimalist decor will be incorporated into ceremonies, receptions and even choice of dress / suit. We're loving the more earthy / muted tones and think that the trend is going to continue to gain momentum!" - Ryan of Tailored Fit Photography
"2017 will be all about rekindling the past. Dresses will be vintage, remembering the flowing lace that many of our earlier generations wore. This will be the perfect year to pull out mom’s or grandmother’s dress and give it a breath of fresh air. Hair will be simple and flowy. This type of hippie chic will be recognized by soft updos and loose pieces that drape down the neck and shoulders. This gives the bride a more back-to-nature and natural look. Makeup will fluctuate between two looks, we believe. For those wanting the soft, natural look, the colors will be pastels or neutrals to emphasize contours of the bride’s face. The other look will be focused more on the glamour vintage Hollywood look of red lips and black eyeliner, which is also simple and vintage, just more dramatic." - Doranna of dorannahairstylist.com
4. "Muted palettes with pops of color for flower girl gowns. Purple/plum with lavender accents is the color of choice. Turquoise/aqua or blush pink and gold are trending colors for destination weddings." - Michele of dazzlingdivadesigns.co
5. "There will be a continued demand for loose unstructured bridal bouquets. There will also be an increased use of native flowers, gum eucalyptus foliage, lots of lush greenery & hanging floral installations." - Lina Bteddini of chanelerose.com.au
6. "Mother nature takes over in 2017. Small plants and succulents are used for name cards, favors, and table runners." - Julie Fajgenbaum of Tweed Wolf
7. "Glitter, gold and silver start to wane in popularity as champagne, copper, bronze and especially rose gold take over. Brides still want the glamour of metallic, but are opting for the softer, more romantic and rustic shades." - Erica of Little Things Favors
8. "Traditional cake toppers of bride and groom figurines are on their way out. Here are some of my best sellers." - Inked Icing
9. "Couples are now opting for honeymoons that include extreme adventures like zip lining, hiking, rafting, jet skis, 4 wheel ATVs, horseback riding, scuba, sky diving and more. In addition, we are also noticing an uptick in "come-a-long honeymoons" where newlyweds are asking their friends and family join in and make the celebration even more memorable." - Burt of LatitudesWI.com
"2017 Wedding Couples are opting for 'non-traditional' honeymoon destinations." 2017 wedding couples are interested in alternative destinations for their honeymoon; and the number one destination for 2017 is Thailand. Thailand appeals to today's honeymoon couples because of the vast history, gorgeous beaches, and a culture you cannot experience anywhere else in the world." - Michele Botnick of shamrocktourstravel.com
10. "2017 bridal gowns are very elegant. The trains are more dramatic and longer. The gowns have beautiful intricate beading, and ball gowns are making their way back." – Cindy Cordell of wenatcheeweddings.com
What are your predictions for 2017 weddings? Please comment below.
Wedding Vendors: Did you like this blog post? Want more? Then, fill out our short form and get a FREE subscription to high-value marketing articles from Christine Dyer, social media expert and founder of BridalTweet.com ($197 value). SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Christine Dyer, Social Media Expert and Founder of BridalTweet
Write a Review or Comment