In today’s world, it has become very easy to get any flower anywhere. The technologies and the greenhouses have made it simple, but of course with a big price tag. We all know, not all the flowers grow in all seasons and those who don’t blossom in your wedding season can certainly shoot up your budget.
If you are looking for the best local florist in London for your wedding floral arrangements, here are a few winter flowers you need to look at so that you select the right one for your wedding.
Following is the list of flowers that are available in winter:
- Anemone: These flowers bloom in the fall and suits best if your wedding theme is light or white-blue colour. They are a great option for winter weddings and carry the shades of lavender. It might be a little costly to you but you can go for Lisianthus which makes up a good alternative for Anemone.
- Amaryllis: These blooms comes from Australia and South Africa. They are moderately sturdy and are easy to grow too. They are easily available in the month of February and March and their red and pink colour can lighten up and vivify any place.
- Lily of the Valley: These bulbs are a great choice for February or March weddings. They are hardy and can stay alive for long. These flowers even look like snowballs on a plant. It is well-suited for pure-white theme weddings.
- Gladiolus: They are very sturdy and will definitely make it through the day. They come in various colors and is your go-to option for tall flower arrangement settings. Their affordable alternatives are Delphinium and Hyacinth, both of which are equally beautiful.
- Dusty Miller: These are not flowers, one can definitely use them along with flowers to give one’s bouquet a winter look. Its silvery leaves will complement soft-hued bulbs. And guess what, they are affordable too.
- Lisianthus: Their petals need a little care but are overall a study flower. They pair well with the greenery. They come in many colours like, white pink and purple. They look great in purple theme weddings.
- Paperwhite Narcissus: This bulb belongs to Southwestern Europe and Northern Africa. These are very beautiful and look like a flower-in-flower, which makes them look very special. They are available throughout winter and are quite affordable too.
- Ranunculus: These bulbs look like roses and are available in pink and white colors which give them a similar look. They are a great option for late winter weddings as they bloom around February.
- Star of Bethlehem: This is one of the most beautiful flowers available in winter. Their exquisite shape makes them seem to be coming straight out of a fairy-tale. And the best part is, they are very affordable.
- Silver Brunia Balls: Although these doesn’t look like a flower, but are really adorable in a floral arrangement. They are perfect for winter and are available in the months of November and December. They are very hardy but are expensive too.
These are some of the chic and trendy flowers that are only available in winter season. You should look out for good floral designs and ask your florist about the season in which the flower he/she is using is grown. If a flower is very expensive you must try to go for its closest alternative which will cost you less.
Choosing the flowers for your wedding and the various floral designs is a great and wonderful experience. I hope this article has helped you decide on your wedding flowers and has educated you about some new things you didn’t know earlier.