Aloha from Hawaii!
Written by Marie Glodt travel agent at Travel to Maui and Maui Master with the Hawaii Visitor Bureau
This last weekend I went to Hana for the day. If you haven’t heard about Hana it is one of the most beautiful places in the world! You won’t find anything quite like it on any of the other islands in Hawaii.
Hana, Maui is the land of waterfalls, rainbows and lush green valleys. It is just 50 miles from the Kahului airport, but a world away!
The road to Hana has over 54 narrow bridges, 600 hair pin turns, and the beautiful coast line of the eastern side of Maui. This road is not for the faint of heart or someone who tends to get car sick!
The road to Hana IS the experience! Often times you see folks rushing to get to the town of Hana or the 7 scared pools (Pools at Ohe’o). When you do this you miss out on so much!
Here are a few of my favorite sights along the way to Hana:
1. Stop by Paia town and have an inexpensive fish burger at Paia Fish Market, or a great fish lunch or dinner at Mama’s Fish House.
2. Check out the windsurfers at Ho’okipa Park.
3. Visit the black sands beach and cave at Wai ‘anapanapa State Park.
4. Enjoy the Bamboo Forest.
5. Pull out at the look out at Ke’anae Point.
6. Be amazed by the waterfalls at Wailua Valley.
7. Swim in the Pools of ‘Ohe’o also known as “The Seven Pools.”
For more information or to schedule a consulting appointment with one of our Hawaiian Destination Specialist contact us at Travel to Maui http://www.traveltomaui.net
We are a Hawaiian travel agency located on the island of Maui, Hawaii. Travel to Maui is a proud member of the Hawaii Visitor Bureau.
Comments are closed for this blog post