Hello Travel Experts,

I need your help!  I'm preparing a blog post that will be published next month, which will be called: Top 10 Honeymoon Trends of 2016.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those trends are.  I'll pick the 10 best trends.  If I choose your trend, I'll be sure to mention your business name and link to your website.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  

Here's what I need you to do...

1. In the discussion thread below, please share one honeymoon trend of 2016. 
  2. Please attach a beautiful photo to illustrate your trend. 
  3. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Christine Dyer, Creator and Founder of BridalTweet

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the main trends that I am seeing honeymooners ask for this year is the ability to honeymoon hop - go to two or more locations or islands for their honeymoons. They are wishing to have a combined adventure honeymoon with pure relaxation and pampering. Some are hoping within the same island to two different resorts and others are hoping countries.

In St Lucia several resorts have partnered up to encouraging couples to stay in both sides of the island - The Peak to the Beach packages. Sandals resorts is offering couples the ability to hop to their different resorts through the Caribbean.

By splitting their honeymoon with two or more locations they are able to compromise on what they both want in a honeymoon and create memories together.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Ladera+Resort+St.+Lucia&vi...

That Travel Lady - Wendy Dall www.thattravellady.com

For many young couples that have already "done that, been there" they are looking for a different destination.

We recommend St Lucia for the diversity of the island, no language barriers and a romantic experience.  Many will do a split stay with nights in the North for the beaches and the South for the majestic view of the Pitons!.

Another popular trend is going to Costa Rica for the adventure-some honeymoon couple where wildlife is abundant, hiking and zipling common and mountains/craters/volcanos await to be explored.

Marisa L. Cole, CTC, Virtuoso Travel Advisor

www.sensationaltravel.com

www.sensationaltravel.wordpress.com

Attachments:

Buddymoons! It's getting a group together to go away after a wedding. Couples can continue the celebration long after the "I do's" are done.

Amy B. Windham

Four Corners Travel

www.TheFourCornersTravel.com

Attachments:

I'm definitely noticing a trend with couples taking an extended honeymoon. It is not uncommon to see couples stay 10 days to two weeks for a honeymoon in Hawaii, the Caribbean or Mexico, where one week used to be the norm.  This ensures they have enough time to relax and unwind plus the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the culture, experience adventure and see the sites available to enjoy in their destination. It's all about creating lasting memories and really making the honeymoon a once in a lifetime experience! Tami Santini, Paradise Getaways

http://paradisegetaways.net

I am having couples contact me to plan delayed honeymoons for 6 months - 1 year after their wedding date due to finishing school, job changes or other life changes that prevent them from taking their honeymoon immediately after their wedding.

Linda Dancer

linda@honeymoonsinc.com  

Attachments:

I am seeing a trend for destination wedding couples going to a completely new location for their honeymoon. In the past, part of the draw of doing a destination wedding is the fact that you're also celebrating your honeymoon while at your wedding destination. Couples are now staying a full week or more for the wedding event and then taking a completely separate honeymoon in an entirely different destination. Sometimes back to back, and other times, several months apart.

Tami Santini

Paradise Getaways

http://paradisegetaways.net

Attachments:

One honeymoon trend I'm seeing is brides asking for over-water bungalows in Bora Bora, specifically.

I advise that if their budgets don't allow them to spend their entire honeymoon in an over-water bungalow, consider splitting their stay on land and end their trip over the water.

See my video from the Sofitel Bora Bora on Facebook. (link below).

Hazel Boone

http://www.Facebook.com/DestinationWeddingsandHoneymoons

Attachments:

I have been noticing many couples (especially millenials) are looking to immerse themselves in the culture of the location where they are visiting. They aren't looking for just a week on a beach anymore. They want to be able to interact with the locals, try the local cuisine, and visit out of the way, not so touristy locations. 

www.spreadingmagic.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service