It is always a good idea to order approximately 10% more of your invitations from your guest list for the "just in case" moments. However, what if you're left with a bundle of invitations after the wedding? Rather than throwing your leftover invitations in the recycling bin, here are some ideas for putting them good use:
- Save one for a scrapbook or just as a memento of your big day
- Create a shadow box of the entire stationery set and include pictures, fabric swatches, dried flowers, etc. for display in your home
- Cut and use as tags for wedding party gifts
- Reuse ribbons and embellishments for gift wrapping or scrapbooking
- Use as matting for photos
- Shred and crinkle for your 1st wedding anniversary confetti
If you are not a crafty bride, no worries! Someone out there may want to rework the materials from your invitations. Give them away at a site like www.freecycle.org.