Hello Members,

I know that some of you have started already booking for the 2010 season. I was wondering what you are seeing from your brides as far as budget? Are they cutting back still ? What are they cutting back on? Are you seeing more intimate and personal wedding venues like backyards, halls, parks? Would love to hear what you forecast for the up and coming year.

Best Regards,
Stylish Affair's
Weddings & Events.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Candice,
I was thinking about adding the flowers to my inclusive service as well! I have such a competive market here in San Diego,I will try anything to set me apart from my competition. So I have started advertizing a service from beginning to end ,at day of prices! So perhaps it will help with new clients.
In my area with so many historic sites to choose from, I'm seeing brides select smaller guest lists to put into these historic venues. I encourage them to select more interesting entertainment too. I have an ok amount booked for next year and now I am booking into 2011. But I think after january, things will explode as they usually do. I think this new year will be ok...great remains to be seen. Each year my business has grown...this year I think it will be more stagnant. Sandy
Rev Sandra R. Bearden,

I do believe that smaller weddings are going to be the trend for the 2010 season, However, I'm hoping that they will still need us coordinators to execute the day! Great Job booking! Let's just hope that things will explode,and we all get a piece of the cake.
Best Regards,
Mickey Long
I have seen a Major decline in the use of flowers and overall decorations in weddings in the past years. Part is due to economy, and part is due to so many diy shows making it look simple to do your own decor- (not many on how to make your dress or cake)- as if the bride to be isn't stressed enough- , many venues are all inclusive with their own decor- which many time the chosen decor does not look as if the overall beauty of the room is important in my view. . I think that the decor aspect of the wedding business is being slowly phased out. The decor says alot about the specialness of the day and the couple themselves. You do not have to fill the room with flowers, but I would like to see brides and venues put more trust in the professionals in their field to create a wonderful setting. It is is tough business already, and I do not see 2010 betting better- we as professionals in our fields have to EDUCATE the potential client to show the difference in what we offer and diy for budget reasons- Trends come and go and we should focus on the couple not what is the most trendy.
FlowerFriendsZ,

I have noticed that the decorations are very limited, seeing perhaps a centerpiece and a few candles.I also agree with the fact that we should be offering more service to our clients,or providing more attention to our brides, I think that's why I want to incorporate a full planning consultant service ,for one price. I want to start at the beginning of the event, and learn about my clients needs, and I want her to trust me and gain the confidence that she deserves. and in return get that word of mouth advertizing that is so free !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service