Wedding Business (1st Quarter is the heaviest booking period for weddings!)
From Beverly Clark Hospitality [Lynne LaFond DeLuca]

* Attend and follow through on Bridal Show leads
* Research and create a strategy to target one new cultural/ethnic niche wedding market. This will open up a brand new revenue stream in weddings for you
* Make contact with area wedding planners (new and current relationships) - send wedding packages
* Create a wedding upsell list
* Make sure all internet sites are updated (your own website as well as the sites you advertise on).
* Be visible! The wedding market is one of the strongest market segments – make sure your advertising exposure is at the optimum level!

The Old and The New:

* Contact clients that you have worked with in the past to get a sense of their needs for 2010
* Contact new clients every week to increase your database of prospects. Where is the best place to find new leads? From your existing business! Referral business is the best business. . . ask for it! Google Maps is also a great source for prospecting lists and, it’s free!

Lastly, try and add one new "niche" market to your marketing plan for 2010. Where’s the opportunity in your geographic area? Maybe it is destination weddings, golf tournaments, retirement parties or reunions. . . the possibilities are endless! 2010, here we come!

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like this!
Carolyn - Wow! Thank you for sharing your 2010 aspirations. I think this will help and motivate a lot of people.
Dear Carolyn Burke,

some opinion about the first quarter.

Yes I'm agree that this quarter is quite the most important, for me in this quarter I build 2011 weddings and contact for. 2010 is already gone and booked. Consider I do incoming destination weddings in Italy. Most of my clients are from UK, Ireland, Holland, Norway.

I will share my business plan in two different sections.

1) improve clients and quality of services for 2011/2012
2) develope new business market and quality for the company

weel start from the first.
decide advertising, where and when.
develope website focused in a dedicated area of Italy
get agreements with new venues in tuscany and Umbria and offer them at my clients
set up more flexibility at planner fees
one/two other languages on the website to increase visitors
develope clients fidelity

About the second
develope beach and winter wedding
new clients from other countrys as Russia i.e.
develope one/two good partnership with USA company
organize boat wedding
to improve events in general as meeting and stuff building in my venues
start to redesign the website
improve quality and tailor made weddings
create a networ of south Europe planners

Hope it can help the conversation.

Thank you
fabrizio
Carolyn, thank you so much for sharing. The article is so true.
Love this article. thank you so much for sharing your advice.
useful tips! Thanks for sharing!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service