As a wedding planner approaching my one-year mark, I have experimented with different payment options for my clients which typically range around $800.  I originally began by asking for 50% down as a non-refundable save-the-date fee for day-of coordination services.  However, I've been leaning more towards changing to $100 to reserve the date and then the remainder is due before the wedding date.

Has anyone else tried this?  And what do you require as a deposit and why?

Views: 10659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a planner I require a nonrefundable retainer of $200 to reserve the date and start working on a budget. We then setup a schedule for the paying the balance which they client signs off to.  My policy is that if payments are not received within 15 days or more I seize work. If a client cancel there depending on the time frame they may receive some or no funds back. But they always have the option of transferring the date.

All this is clearly outlined in my contracts which i explain and go over with the client before signing.

Hi!

This is one of the hardest things a coordinator has to decide, next to what to charge!  I charge a non-refundable deposit of 50% then the balance is due the day before or of the wedding.  This assures my client that I'm going to do my job and be there! 

As a full time wedding entertainer, I ask for 50 per cent down which is the retainer fee and non refundable.

The balance is due about a month before the wedding date.

We require a $500 save the date reservation deposit, with final guest count and payment due seven days prior. It has worked great for us doing it this way. Further, our brides can make payments in any amounts that they want to pay down their balance prior to the deadline. I am a caterer and this work well for us.

It is great to see what everyone is doing here. With our Full Wedding Planning Packages (our fee is 10%) I charge a $500 non refundable deposit (will now change that to retainer!) and if they cancel and work I have done above this $500 is payable.

For our Day Of Coordination I charge 50% (non refundable) to hold date, balance due 2 weeks prior.

Decorations & hire is 30% non refundable balance 2 weeks prior

So far I have had no issues with this :)

I do like this format.  Mind if I borrow it?
I require 50% down and the final balance is due 30 days prior to their wedding day.
We require at least 10% as a deposit and the remainder we set out monthly payments to make it easier on the couple to pay our fee. We also average around $800. The deposit is non refundable because you have now officially tied yourself into a contract on that date.
I like 50% deposit to save the date.  It is fair and it works!
Learning something everyday.  Thank you for the information.  I have some web work to do to change all the deposit words to retainer.
Its looking as though I follow standard practices. My service falls inside a pretty tight niche and my fee is not great. A $100 non-refundable retainer/down payment/deposit, what ever term you use, along with a signed contract is mandatory. The odds of re-booking a date are slim to none, hence the non-refundable retainer. I do offer a refund if I can't fulfill my obligations and have been unable to find a performer to take my place. I expect the balance of my fee to be paid prior to or on the day.
I am a makeup artist and ask for 10%  on top of PAID consultation/run through.....but I didn't do signed contracts and having read a few posts here, I certainly will from now on!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service