Hello Wedding Photographers,

I need your help!  I'm preparing a blog post that will be published next month, which will be called: 10 Questions to Ask a Wedding Photographer Before You Hire Them.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those questions should be.  I'll pick the 10 best questions.  If I choose your question, I'll be sure to mention your business name and link to your website.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  

Here's what I need you to do...

1. In the discussion thread below, please share one question that engaged couples should ask you before they hire you.  You may also include a beautiful photo. 
  2. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Christine Dyer, Creator and Founder of BridalTweet

Views: 675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you work from a photography itinerary or just go with the flow on the wedding day?

Are you limited to natural light or do you also utilize off camera flash after the best light is gone from the day?

www.lonepine-photography.com

These are all great!  Thank you so much and keep them coming!

How does your contract protect me (as the consumer)?

The Photographer needs to be one of the first vendors that a bride hires just after the engagement ring.  Most of the time this is the last thing they do is hire the photographer.

They need to get to know their photographer and know how they work.  We include free engagement shoot in every package so we can have time with the couple before each wedding.

The wedding party spends more time with the photographer than any other vendor, so it is important.

The next most important thing is knowing how the photographer is going to shoot your wedding. We use a timeline so everyone knows where they need to be and when.

Other things that give me a peace of mind as a photographer is using professional equipment, like a camera that has dual cards.  I had one event this year that one of my cards had no images on it when I was done shooting.

Also here is a great article that I had to blog about the other day http://tinyurl.com/30-brides  You can see what they thought about wedding photography.

Koloski Photography

www.koloskiphotography.com

How long have you been photographing weddings? What type of equipment will you be using? Do you have backup?

Say my event runs longer. Will you stay? What would be the extra cost?

How long before I see my previews on line? Preview album or projection appointment. If I choose projection how many guest can I bring?

How will the photographer and assistant dress the day of my wedding?

What style is your wedding photography? If I communicate what is in my heart will you be able to photograph that style? Can I send you some ideas that I like?

What is the deposit to hold my date and payment schedule?

Do you have backup photographers in case you are ill and cant maker it to my wedding?

If it is a studio that has more than one photographer It is important to ask....Is the work I am looking at here the work of the photographer that will be attending my wedding?

If it is a one man studio.....what happens if you are sick and cannot attend on the day, do you have another shooter as a back up and can I see samples of their work?

Creative Clips Photography

@BRMPhoto

Brides made of honor or Bride should have a list of wants & questions. I have a check list shots the Brides/Groom may want of family, friends, and those images they have in mind when they think of their wedding.  In reality there is only so much time to take all the photos of everyone or everything, but the most common mistake is thinking they have all the time in the world.  

Questions to check off in your contract:

1. How much for how long?
  2. How many edits & cost of additional?
  3. Delivery method & avg turn around?

While some photographers may shoot 4 or more hours some of my clients have found their rate only covers the ceremony and not the reception.  

Candid photos of Reception are not edited, while in my case I allow a certain number of Free Edits and any additional there is a flat fee per image.

The Booking Date/Deposit in most cases is Non-Refundable and the delivery method in most cases is not on CD or DVD it's via a digital format or private access website, for larger files I like Dropbox or a paid site to order Prints for a small fee.

While old school photographers will do 100 edits or Prints, today's Brides don't use physically formats.  So in most cases that is an extra cost unless they're paying the Day Rate of the Photographer.  

General Cost to know:

1. Half Day Rate 4 hrs
  2. Day Rate 6 hrs
  3. Per Hour outside of agreed Rate/Time
  4. Cost per Edit

Attachments:

Here are a few questions I wish more couples would ask for those seeking a wedding photographer at first meet and greet: 

1.  What is your experience with wedding photography, how many have you photographed, and how do you

handle difficult lighting challenges?

2.  How do you approach a weddings and how do you interact with the couples, family and friends?

3.  What were some of your most difficult wedding challenges and how did you overcome them?

4.  What a equipment do you bring to a wedding and do you carry liability insurance, how much?

5.  Can you show us a complete wedding, and have you worked in our venue before?

6.  Can you share with us how might your process begin and end with us as a new wedding couple who has hired

you?

7.  Do you offer standard packages or custom packages, and what are their prices points, whats included and

what isnot?

8.  How do you deliver our final images, how many can we expect approximateley, what file size will they be in?

9.  What kind of post processing is included with our final images, and is any editing included or not included?

10.  What type of style or styles will you use at our wedding, and how will you make it personal for us?      

Berto

Peardon Carrillo Photography

www.pcweddingphoto.com - wedding

www.peardoncarrillophoto.com - commercial

1. do you have liability insurance? omissions and errors insurance?

2. do you have back-up equipment?

3. if files are included, what is your copyright / usage policy:

-- can I make my own prints? can I share with family/friends? can I distribute files to my vendors directly? can I post on social media? can I alter them with filters on instagram?

-- will all the files be processed, or just a selection of my favorites?

-- when will I receive the high-resolution files?  do they need to purchased separately? do I need to purchase an album or print package to receive them?

4. do you offer albums, professional prints, other services in packages or may the be ordered a la carte?

5. how will you work with me during planning months leading up to the wedding? will you help or collaborate with me or my planner on making the wedding day schedule? how do I plan/discuss my ideas for wedding coverage, portraits or other specific things I want photographed with you?

6. can you show me at least 3 complete weddings? If you are just starting out, did you assist established photographers, and if so how long/how many weddings? If you have more than 5 years experience, on average, how many weddings do you photograph each year?

7. are you more of a versatile photographer that can work with any couple / any style, or instead, are you a photographer with a very specific style/format that couples should only hire if their style is a match with your photography style?

8. how will you interact with us and our guests during the day, and specifically, during the portraits? Will you guide us with direction? Do you make a specific plan with us for the portrait time?

9. are there any specific terns or requirements that you have in your contract that you would like to point out to us that are important for us to know about, like vendor meals, church/venue limitations on photographers, payment terms, or other rules that might be unique to your business?

10. will you be my photographer specifically, or do you have a partner/assistants, or will someone from your company be assigned? If an associate is assigned, will we be able to connect with her/him in advance of our wedding day?

Wedding Creativo Photography

25+ years experience two-photographer team in Chicago

www.weddingcreativo.com

Couples should always ask to see an entire wedding that a photographer has done. Anyone can get a few lucky shots to feature on his or her website, but an experienced professional will be able to show consistent quality under a variety of different environmental and lighting conditions throughout the day. Seeing a complete event set will also provide a good idea of the photographer's visual storytelling style.

Jennifer Janviere Photography

www.jenniferjanviere.com

Attachments:

Two questions...

1) Are you certified by either the PPA or WPPI?. 

2) Ask to see a COMPLETE wedding......

www.adayinthelifephotography.net

http://www.adayinthelifephotography.net/top-5-ways-to-get-the-weddi...

"

-

Attachments:

!.  What is your style of Photography

2.  How do you deal with dark church weddings.  

3.  Do you use an extra lighting equipment

4.  Do you do shoot alone or do you bring someone with you

5.  Would you provide proof of insurance.

6.  How do you deal with demanding family members.

7.  Can you guide me through a wedding day.

8.  What makes you different than the other photographers ( this one rubs me the wrong way)

9.  At the ceremony are you in the front where people can see you clearly or do you more toward the back in hiding.

10. What is your cancellation policy.

I hope these help.  www.connielealphotography.com   

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service