Hello Wedding Photographers,

I need your help!  I'm preparing a blog post that will be published next month, which will be called: 10 Questions to Ask a Wedding Photographer Before You Hire Them.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on what those questions should be.  I'll pick the 10 best questions.  If I choose your question, I'll be sure to mention your business name and link to your website.  So, this is a great way for you to get a ton of free exposure for your business.  

Here's what I need you to do...

1. In the discussion thread below, please share one question that engaged couples should ask you before they hire you.  You may also include a beautiful photo. 
  2. Be sure to include your business name as well as a link to your website and/or blog.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Christine Dyer, Creator and Founder of BridalTweet

Views: 675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are all great.  Thanks again!

The 'bottom line' question is often "What do I get?" Too many photographers start talking products. The bottom line is always the pictures. Do they show "proofs"? Do they give "proofs"? The best question is, "Will you retouch all my pictures? - and will I get those files?"

The most important question I find is not one necessarily directed at me (the photographer), but what the couple should ask themselves. Do I feel comfortable with this photographer? If not the second is, can I/why? I tell all my clients that if you are not comfortable with who you choose your pictures will show the stiffness of being uncomfortable.

www.momentimagery.com

Attachments:

I think it's important for clients to understand the difference between photographer's styles when it comes to direction.  Many brides these days think they want a photographer who is strictly photojournalistic, until the wedding day when they realize they're not professional models and don't know what to do with their hands, are staring at the photographer asking "What should we do next?", and again when they get their photos and say "ugh I wish I knew my arm looked fat at that angle".  

So, instead of asking "do you shoot mostly candid or posed", my question I would suggest couples ask instead:  

"Do you offer any guidance or direction on the wedding day, to help our family groups look nicely balanced, to make sure I am in the most flattering lighting, to make sure I'm not standing at an awkward angle, and direction for our family so they know what to do and where to be?"  

The best photographers are those who can balance letting the real moments happen as they unfold, and subtly offering creative direction to the clients in a way that is not distracting or obtrusive to the scene, but still helps their couple look amazing.  

Thanks for letting us all help with your post!  

Karrie Porter

www.kporterphotography.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service