Just curious as to what your Brides choose to do with vendors.  Do they typically feed them and if so, do they serve them the same food as the Wedding Party and Guests?  Where do they eat?  Is there a table in the back corner or are they relegated to another room all together.  I would love to hear your feedback. 

Thank You!

Kelli

Views: 1236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We always kindly and politely ask our Brides if they would like to feed the staff working at their wedding- most of the vendors ie photographer, wedding coordinators and videographer are with the wedding all day long and I personally believe they should get a meal. whether a Bride decides to pay for it or not, I will make sure the satff gets fed at a staff meal price if needed at my cost that is usually third of the standard wedding menu price and only 1 dish, usually a main dish so it is enough for most people. Often we are so busy we dont have time to grab a bite but i believe it is polite to offer a meal to the vendors too.

the staff table we always put in the back and never among the guests - this wouldnt feel or look right.

happy weddings to everyone! :)

www.dubrovnikevent.com

We make arrangements to feed vendors in a separate room or area than the guests but they receive the same hot meal unless they've specified dietary restrictions that would require something different.  The vendors need the fuel to stay energized throughout the event and appreciate a break room where they can be "off stage" for just a moment and chat vendor talk with another.  Usually the DJ stays in the room and eats behind their DJ station but we accommodate their preferences.  For the actual wedding planners, sometimes we box their meals for them to eat later.  However, during the meal is usually the best time for most vendors to eat since very little else is happening at that time.  I've noticed that some vendors actually have these things written into their contract.  I've encountered one that insists on being in the ballroom with the guests which strikes me as a little weird - I don't like to mix with the guests in such a way myself but I guess to each their own.
I think providing a meal for your vendors is just common courtesy.  All vendors are working on your day to make it the best wedding possible, a small vendor meal is a nice gesture to say thank you and I appreciate what you are doing.  Either a vendor meal or the meal that the guests are eating work and preferably at a table in another room or at least a complete vendor table (so we can still see what is going on in case the bride and groom need us).  I know it is difficult for me to actually sit down and eat at a wedding but I do appreciate it because it gives me a chance to refuel for the next part of the evening, clean up.  :)
I'm there before the festivities even begin (doing makeup) but I have to share that every time there is food around while the girls are getting ready I am always offered something to eat. I typically decline (cause I am working) but will grab a muffin or something as I walk out the door. When I go to destination weddings (out of state/country) and attend the wedding as well, I have been seated with the guests and get fed the same as everyone else. Although I am also "working", I'm just needed to touch up the bride as the night goes along. If you are a vendor there working during the entire event, as long as you have an assistant or people there to cover you, then I think eating should be allowed and offered. Its a looooong day. I feel sorry for the photographers the most because they can't stop for anything and risk missing a picture moment.
I always request a meal as it is a very long day as a wedding planner. If the venue offers special vendor meals then l'm fine with that. Otherwise I request what the other guests have. Most times they do a vendor table somewhere out of the way, yet still in the reception room. I don't like to eat in another room because then I can't keep my eye on what's happening and be looking out for any issues. Same with the photographers or videographers, they should be in the same room so they can be on the lookout for photo opportunities. I prefer to sit with other vendors rather than guests but I have already been sat with guests.

I have been a wedding coordinator/vendor for the past six year and have only taken up one or two proposal to set and have dinner at the wedding reception.

I also feel if the couple doesn’t offer then you should not set and eat or try to push yourself on their day. I would advise coordinators and venders to do their job and do it well...

I guess it depends on your role as a vendor for the wedding. Officiants are done once they say 'I do' so sitting them with guests would be more appropriate then at a vendor table (for example). My work as a makeup artist is done before the wedding even starts, so (as stated in previous post) whenever a bride invites me to the wedding (which only happens for out of state/country brides) I am not being paid to be there and work. I will however touch-up the bride's makeup as needed since I am there. For the bride who pays me to be there, I wouldn't dream of sitting with guests, but have never actually been fed under those situations for local weddings.
Yes, I can see MUAs and Officiants being a different story.  I should have been clearer.

I have so enjoyed reading everyone's comments.  Thank you, everyone for your input!  Happy Wedding Season!!!!

Here's to you . . .

Kelli

Funny, I had this discussion on Facebook.  As a wedding planner, I firmly believe that the vendors deserve a meal.  I'm not for or against having the vendor sit in the same area as guests, as sometimes there may not be an extra area for them to sit.  Seating arrangements is something that is discussed with our client ahead of time and sometimes it works out that the vendors have a separate table in the far end, away from guests.

It is a good idea to provide vendor meals.  Most venues offer food for the vendors at a reduced price.  It really depends on the venue- sometimes it is a boxed meal and other times it is a different or can be the same meal.  Vendors typically eat in a separate room or outside of the ballroom.  A lot of time the vendor meal can be finger food so it is easier to eat.  As a planner I encourage my clients to provide food for the vendors.  They work hard, long hours and should be fed.  You can ask them to arrive earlier to eat or provide food in a different space for them and have them stagger their time eating.  The first thing is taking care of the party.  When I work my vendors all understand that and I usually schedule a time for each of them to eat or they eat at the end of the event.  I never sit at a table.  i am not a guest and even when I am it is uncomfortable.  I am there to work and ensure the event runs smoothly.
Very well said, Julia.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service