Me, I made the mistake of deciding what people wanted instead of listening to them tell me what they wanted. Years away from that now, I listen and take thier style into the photoshoot and what a magical thing!

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

Not starting out too low on price. We started out too low and is trying very hard to climb up while maintaining a steady amount of weddings to pay rent! Also be true to yourself and not cater to what I thought the brides wanted.
I wish I would have started this business earlier in the year... Like January! I missed the boat on bookings for this year so hoping for some last minute brides for this year and early bookings for next year! So I am taking all of the engagement and family bookings for this year!

@Tim - Try doing the formals backwards to the way you are doing it... Get all the family/wedding party done first so they can move on to the hall and then you have time left with just the couple... It will eliminate time that you are searching for everyone! Also the bride and groom will have their full attention on you if their family and bridal party are not buzzing around!
Attachments:
I wish I wouldn't have tried to do everything on a budget. Looking at all the money I wasted on inferior equipment just makes me sick now...

I also wish I would have worked as a free second on big high budget weddings rather than get paid for small weddings. I would have learned more.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Christine Dyer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service