Drum Roll Please! 2016 Wedding Predictions
BridalTweet.com is now in its sixth year! Since 2009, we've been a thriving community that has inspired engaged couples and wedding professionals. I absolutely love this community's energy and expertise. The images and blog posts that you share are A-MAZING. So, thank you for all of your contributions to help make this a wonderful place to help plan a wedding.
And guess what? Our community's latest trend report is in! Scroll down to find our community's predictions for 2016 wedding fashion, decor, invitations, ambiance and more! Find out what's hot and what's not for the upcoming year!
How did I collect these trends? Well, in early December I reached out to the 20,000 members of this wedding community and asked, "What are your predictions for 2016 weddings?" Below, are the highlights from the answers that I received. After reading this list of predictions, I'm sure that you'll agree that 2016 will bring forth elegant, meaningful moments that we will remember forever!
1. "Naked wedding cakes will be big in 2016." – Crystal Pearl Jewelry
2. "With the cost savings of digital invitations, brides are upgrading their invitation stock, linings and embellishments. We have seen a huge increase in this printing method over thermography, letterpress and engraving. By opting for this cost effective printing method, brides are able to upgrade to impressive double thick card stock and embellishments. Multi-color invitations are also more affordable since there are no extra costs for additional colors. Think about the gorgeous handmade papers you can use for layering your invitations and lining your envelopes. The add-ons are endless when you save on the printing costs." - Marttie Pastore - First Impressions Calligraphy and Invitations
3. "Retro looks will dominate the bridal fashion trends; such as in headpieces, lace pieces will be used densely." - Sevda by MammaMiaBridal
4. "Take pink, blush, and darker champagne. Then, add drama and candlelight at many levels - and movement. That is the trend we are seeing for 2016. High drama, floating centerpieces in tall venues to bring the jaw-dropping awe and, at the same time, create intimacy." - Florals by Jenny Thomasson AIFD CFD - Stems Florist
5. "The photo booth has evolved. Although we have loved the Photo Booth Craze for the last few years, in the future, we can already see an increase in Step and Repeat Photography, which offers guest not only a perfect preservation of them looking their best, but entertainment and the perfect wedding favor. In 2016, we will also see an increase in flip books, open air booths and green screens." - Alex R. from Abacus Studios
6. "Foil, black and gold are hot trends for 2016 wedding invitations. Lace gets glamorous too - and the price is still affordable!" – Forever Friends
7. "Creative Seating Plans - The mixture of tables give a dramatic look to the venue space and spices things up from the norm. The Square and rounds really make the space feel inviting instead of like a conference. I think we will be looking at a lot more set up's such as this one in 2016!" – Katrina Loverde
"Couples are moving away from a reception layout based on large round tables and instead, are opting for very long, rectangular tables or a mix of long tables surrounded by smaller square and round tables — all for a more intimate vibe." - Weddings by Vela Resorts
8. "Tradition is back with the giving of Thank You favors! Brides and Grooms want their wedding day to be remembered in a special way. The giving of timeless and useful favors is back! Candy dishes, wine and bar-ware, servers, anything and everything Murano, coasters, candles and candleholders. A favor that will remind the guest of that spectacular day/night! Presentation is elegant and eye-catching." - NV Me Gifts/Lorraine Martin
9. "Bronze makeup is a thing of the past! With the 2016 wedding gown lines championing a whole lot a lace and floral appliques, makeup will lighten up and take on a more angelic look. Beauty always reflects the tone of the dress so brides will enjoy a delicate pale, almost Elizabethan, light. But no matte here; the modern injection will come from a buffed glow on the cheeks that balances tenderly with the Rose pink cheeks and lips." - Toronto Makeup Artist & Bridal beauty Expert Colette Cormier
10. "The rustic/vintage trend from past seasons has morphed into a new look --- Old World --- featuring lush damasks and laces combined with gilded tabletop to create a refined European look. Accent with curio pieces, tufted seating with nailheads, maps, and footed vases." - Sheree' Bochenek of Apres Party
11. "FOODIE WEDDINGS. Once the vows are over and everyone’s had a good look at the dress, your guests will turn their attention to one thing: the food. Impress your guests with a delicious spread and it will go down in wedding history as a success." - Weddings by Velas Resorts
What are your predictions for 2016 weddings? Please comment below.
Wedding Vendors: Did you like this blog post? Want more? Then, fill out our short form and get a FREE subscription to high-value marketing articles from Christine Dyer, social media expert and founder of BridalTweet.com ($197 value). SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Christine Dyer, Social Media Expert and Founder of BridalTweet
Write a Review or Comment