Top 15 Wedding Predictions for 2021
This has definitely been an interesting year for weddings. Covid-19 has affected these special events just like it has affected everything else. But even though weddings have been impacted, they have not stopped. Engaged couples are still making the most of this special time in their lives. And while many couples are opting to skip wedding traditions from years past, we are excited to see new trends emerging!
We have partnered with WedSafe, the wedding insurance specialists, and asked BridalTweet's audience of 23,000 wedding enthusiasts to share the top trends that they're seeing in the areas of wedding fashion, decor, food, ambiance and more. Scroll down to find out what's hot and what's not for 2021!
1. Microweddings & Elopements. "Couples are choosing intimate situations and less crowded spaces in natural outdoor locations. We are seeing less decor but more focus on the landscape." - Valentina Lombardi of www.italianweddingcompany
2. Simple & Intimate. "We have noticed 2 very specific trends that almost all of our conversations. Couples are looking for something SIMPLE and couples want an intimate group. They don’t need to have 200 people at their wedding – about 50-75 would be the most." - Karmel Ackerman of The Barn at Holly Farm
3. Meaningful. "I definitely see an increased interest in smaller more intimate weddings that have special meaning. This wedding just happened last week..." - Tina Brett of https://www.beachsidememories.com
4. A New Mindset. "What we see happening is more of a change of mindset than a trend. Since COVID hit our clients seem to change the way they think about their weddings in the future. The priorities have shifted from styles to sustainability, venues surrounded by nature, smaller quest lists (even for 2022), locally sourced food and wine, minimal to no use of plastic, etc. The design and aesthetics follow this mindset. Our clients mostly ask for seasonal or potted flowers and plants, minimal or no plastic, or dried flowers. When it comes to stationery it's mostly simple and made with recycled materials. Since we plan destination weddings in Croatia, we actually have a lot of couples that decide on Croatia as their perfect destination because our cuisine is known to be of great quality with locally sourced ingredients. Most couples wish to have their wedding in the open, surrounded by the sea, forests, etc. I feel like this trend and switch in mindset comes from everything we've been through in 2020, and couples have different views and expectations from their weddings." - Irma Zovak of https://www.tietheknotcroatia.com/
5. Masks Are the New Wedding Accessory. "Covid concerns will still be present during 2021, so we’re expecting masks to become part of the wedding lifestyle. Just because you have to wear one, doesn’t mean you can’t make it a fun and special memory! Choose this moment to incorporate elegant white lace masks for the bride, or get Team Bride/Team Groom masks as fun wedding favors for your guests to spark some healthy competition!" - Team K'Mich www.weddingsbykmich.com
6. Shareable Instagram Moments. "Couples will want to go big on details and on achieving the most intimate yet Instagram-worthy wedding." - Sam Lloyd Wedding Venue Business Consultant www.theweddingowl.com
7. Flower Arches. "Engaged couples want that beautiful flower arch." - Larry France www.ChabilMar.com
8. Natural & Loose Bouquets. "Loosely tied, eucalyptus and natural colours are in." - Jeanette Obytz of https://medweddings.com/
9. Lots of Greenery. "Some of our clients love the greenery and tropical lush background for their elopes. Keeping it eco friendly and natural. Stunning backdrops for amazing photos to remember the day by." - Jeanette Obytz of https://medweddings.com/
10. Neutral & Minimal Decorations. "We are seeing couples take advantage of the beautiful natural surroundings and using minimal decorations. Tons of neutral color pallets are being chosen for weddings coming up. Couples use such words as simple, natural, neutral, greenery, and not overdone." - Melanie Marchand of www.redgatefarms.com
11. British Colonial Style. - "This is a trend that we are commonly seeing." - Elena Storchi of Italian Luxury Weddings www.italianluxuryweddings.com Photo credit: Ilaria Vecchi https://www.ilariavecchiphotography.com/
12. Food Trucks. "So much is going to be different due to the COVID. Weddings will be smaller, more will be outside, guests will wear masks & social distance, and food will be served differently." - Melisa Imberman of www.theeventofalifetime.com
13. Gold and Rose Gold. "We have seen many styles and trends over the five years. I would say that one that is popular this year is gold and rose gold table clothes." - Robin and Marc Binder BindersGardens.com
14. Grand-millennial Style. "Brides are loving this style for their wedding. Where they combine antique, frills, anything grandma-ish. Started September 2019, the essence of Grand-millennial style involves a young (ish) person taking ownership of granny's needlepoint pillows and tasseled lampshades." - Team K'Mich www.weddingsbykmich.com
15. Protecting Your Big Day. Did you know that for less than half the cost of an average wedding cake, you can protect your big day? Wedding Liability Insurance, often required by many venues, protects you in the event of injuries, property damage or alcohol-related accidents. WedSafe is recommended by top wedding vendors and accepted by many thousands of reception venues across the country. With WedSafe, it’s affordable, easy and fast! Simply request a quote today at www.wedsafe.com and enjoy a wedding without worries.
What wedding trends are you seeing today? Please comment below.
Write a Review or Comment