How to Choose Your Wedding Date in Wisconsin
Where else would you plan a rustic themed wedding than Wisconsin? Whether you decide on an elegant lakeside wedding or a gorgeous barn wedding, the Badger State provides the perfect backdrop to your intimate ceremony. Before finalizing the big day, it’s essential to consider a variety of planning aspects in order to ensure a memorable experience for your guests. From dealing with weather to RSVPs, we made a list of tips to follow when choosing the perfect day for your event.
Tips on Finding the Perfect Day to Tie the Knot
- Consider the day of the week - Most weddings take place on a Saturday and incidentally, this causes the cost of a wedding to go up as it is a desirable time to get married. Depending on the venue, you may need to pay a premium to reserve a spot on a Saturday. Being flexible about the day of the week can make your wedding much cheaper than it would be otherwise.
- Accommodate your guests - Do your guests have any commitments or conflicts that will rule out certain weekends? Naturally, the date you choose won't be perfect for everyone. At the very least, be sure that all of your immediate family and other important "VIPs" will be available to attend. Avoid scheduling your wedding on major holidays and also consider where your guests are travelling from.
- Plan around your honeymoon - An intimate trip to Thailand is best around the monsoon season, which is around Late July to early September. Keeping that in mind, you may want to plan a Summer wedding. Timing is key and selecting a season to have your wedding immediately narrows down to specific options. It reduces the stress of finding the ideal day to wed.
- Finalize your guest list - Once you have an idea of when & where you want to have your wedding, confirm on the amount of attendees. With RSVPs you will be able to get an idea of how many people are going to attend and this makes it easier to begin planning for catering and other rentals needed for the big day.
- Decide on an indoor or outdoor location - Depending on the Wisconsin weather, decide on where you want your ceremony to take place. Choosing whether to have an indoor or outdoor wedding could also help in selecting the right wardrobe for the occasion! Plan ahead and call your venue to see if they have the space and amenities to accommodate your needs.
Wedding Venues in Wisconsin
Every city has that "it" wedding location that every couple longs to book. The Jefferson Street Inn, Wausau's only luxury boutique hotel, is that "it" venue in central Wisconsin. For important pre-wedding events, like bridal showers, and post-wedding celebrations like gift openings and brunches, we offer the best event spaces! Request for a proposal and avail our irresistible rates for the a match made in heaven.