How to Find the Best Wedding Dress in Allentown
Plan a glamorous wedding in the heart of Pennsylvania, and walk down the aisle in the gown of your dreams. As wonderful as the image can be, there’s a lot of work to be put in before securing the ideal wedding dress. In Allentown, it’s easy to get lost in the chaos of shopping! However, we’ve narrowed down to 5 tips to focus on while hunting for your perfect gown. Read on and make sure to take notes...
Things to Do Before Buying Your Ideal Gown
- Do your research - Scour through fashion magazines and Pinterest to see what styles of gowns pique your interest. Learn to identify your silhouette and see what types of dresses can flatter your body. Having an idea of what you’re looking for can help stylists quickly tend to you during your appointment.
- Plan your Budget - If you’re planning on spending $2000 on your dress, ensure that it all doesn’t go into the sole purchase. Accommodate your budget to fit altering costs and/or embellishing costs. Once you narrow down your budget, stick to it and avoid trying on gowns that exceed the limit.
- Shop Early - Sometimes, getting a wedding gown made can take as long as 4 months. Keeping these possibilities in mind, it’s never too late to begin shopping for the perfect dress. Call boutiques and enquire about their turnaround time for alterations. If you’re looking for chic designers to design your dress, be proactive and get your foot in the door as soon as you can.
- Pay attention to fabric - Allentown is a diverse city and depending on where you want your wedding to be, it’s safe to dress for the occasion. If this is an outdoor wedding in the Spring, consider lightweight fabrics, such as tulle or lace. If you opt for an winter ceremony, try wearing thicker fabrics like taffeta or crepe. Ultimately, comfort is key!
- Shop according to theme - You’ll want to decide on the overall theme of the wedding before beginning to shop for your wedding dress. Choose a delectable color palette and follow the aesthetic. This can include drawing inspiration from aspects such as your wedding venue, centerpieces or even altar decor. Keeping in line with the theme can result in a lot of stunning pictures.
Wedding Venues in Allentown, PA
As you continue your hunt for the perfect wedding dress, take inspiration from our wedding venues at the Renaissance Allentown Hotel. Execute your event with the help of skilled planners assisting from start to finish and with creative catering capabilities, our ballrooms and balcony can be transformed into the setting for your happily ever after. Plan an inspired event and manage the ceremony at ease with the help of our exquisite service for your wedding in Allentown!