This topic is a bit atypical for me because I usually don’t blog about myself or about BridalTweet. I tend to stick to wedding business topics outside of our community. However, I’ve come to realize that there are quite a few tips that will make it easier for people to connect with you at BridalTweet. These seven tips can help you to attract more business, they are easy to implement and they each involve tweaking your BridalTweet profile…
1. Your Status Update – Each time you visit BridalTweet, call attention to your wedding business by updating your status. When you update your status, it will appear prominently on our homepage for everyone to see. To update your status, go to your profile page and answer the question that says, “Update your status. What brings you here?" Even better - here are some additional Status Update tips and benefits...
- Time Saving Tip (This is my favorite BridalTweet feature!) - You can now save a ton of social networking time. How? I’m thrilled to announce that your BridalTweet Status Updates will also appear on Twitter and on Facebook if you check the boxes marked 'F' and ‘T' below your BridalTweet Status Update. This means that you can now send out all of your wedding social networking messages from one place - BridalTweet!
- Free Advertising Tip - If you mention ‘bridaltweet’ in your tweets, then your tweet will appear on our community's Mention Us On Twitter! page. This is another free way to give you extra exposure.
2. Your profile’s headline – Your headline is at the top of your profile page and it currently says, “Welcome, Your Name.” By changing this headline, you can help make a great first impression to people who visit your profile. So, what do you want to say to people when they first see your page? You may want to update your
headline with your wedding business tagline. You may even decide to create your own welcome message. To update the headline, double-click on it and change the text.
3. Your profile sections – Did you know that you can rearrange the sections of your profile? I recommend moving the sections labeled ‘My Photos’, ‘Profile Information’ and 'Text Box' to the top of your page, and in that order. These three sections are about YOU and they make it very clear to visitors about what you have to offer them. Then, consider placing the activity section called ‘Our wedding forum members are SO active’ at the bottom of your profile page. You can rearrange sections by moving your mouse over the headline of a section and then by dragging that section.
4. Your profile information - Include marketing information about your business and include a link to your website within the ‘Profile Information’ section. This is the perfect place to tell visitors why they should choose your services.
5. Your text box – Increase your fan base on other social networks by including links to your Twitter profile and Facebook fan page within the text box that appears on your profile page.
6. Your RSS feed - Feel free to place a link to your own wedding blog in the RSS section of your profile page.
This is a great way to display your blog on BridalTweet and more importantly, to attract more visitors to your own blog.
7. Your profile photo - Use your company logo or a professional head shot. The key here is that your photo needs to look professional in order to generate trust and credibility for your wedding business.
Are there other BridalTweet tips that you’ve learned that have helped you to connect with other members? If so, please comment below.
About This Blog: Christine Dyer has an MBA in marketing and shares over ten years of marketing expertise with the wedding community. In this weekly blog called Supercharge Your Wedding Business, you'll find advice on an array of wedding business topics such as how to market to brides, social networking, wedding PR, wedding sales, vendor networking, branding, pricing and much more. .Please pass this news along to your own professional wedding network. To receive this advice in your email inbox each week, Sign Up for a Free BridalTweet Membership.