Getting engaged is so exciting most people feel very overwhelmed with all of the do’s before your I do’s. But these five dont's will make sure you start your planning off right.
- Don’t go dress shopping until you have set your date and your venue, your dress style, length and material should match the whole feel of your wedding.
- Don’t start planning without first setting a comfortable budget. Are you and your fiancée paying for everything yourself or will you have help from your parents? Knowing what your budget is will make planning less stressful.
- Don’t make everything a priority. Sit down with your fiancée and put together a list of 1-2 priorities for your wedding, is it farm to table food, a fab band, or beautiful flowers? Once you know what you really want it makes divvying up your budget much easier.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff (especially early on) details come together once you have the big picture in place. This is not the time to worry about color schemes or what fonts to use on your invitation. First, set your date, venue and time, then put together your guest list, set your budget and priorities. Once these are done details will find their place in your grand plan.
- Don’t go it alone. Hire a wedding a planner or at least a day of coordinator. A planner has done many weddings, you will only do one, use their expertise to maintain your budget and make sure you are on track for the best day of your life!