With warm weather wedding season upon us once again, the option of using wedding programs fans is one many brides will consider.
There are many programs fans available for the bride to choose from today -- from those printed by stationery houses such as Carlson Craft
; those offered by favor companies like Beau-Coup
; and those hand crafted by independent dealers like Your Loose Ends
Called upon to create a program fan for a young couple holding their wedding ceremony outdoors during a hot, muggy, Houston Summer, Your Loose Ends
had to think fast.
The sister-of-the-bride, who was also the Maid of Honor, suggested that perhaps her sister, the bride, should not have a program fan at the ceremony, for fear that it would look like a typical "church fan."
Your Loose Ends
' mission was to create a wedding program fan that was functional, informative, and yet, totally elegant.
Hence, the "Ann & Corey Fan
" was created, and has become one of Your Loose Ends' most sought after and popular favors. The Ann & Corey Fan is a party favor, a wedding program, and fan all in one. What a "cool" idea!
Interesting facts about program fans.
* Some of the first fans dating from the early years of the 20th century carried images of families worshiping in church.
* The opposite side of the fans carried ads for funeral homes or other businesses.
* Traditionally, fans carried images of public figures such as Martin Luther King Jr.
* President John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert, sometimes were displayed alongside images of King.
* Even though churches today are air conditioned, churchgoers still use fans.
* Some societies once used fans as symbols of power.
* Elaborate fans made of feathers once were used to cool royalty.
* Fanning not only ventilates the body, but may also be used to cool the spirit.
* It has been suggested that when you fan someone, you throw a blessing.
Why not "throw a blessing" on your wedding guests? Order your Wedding Program Fans today!