Social networks provide some of the most relevant information (and conversations) about products and services. That’s why Google and Bing now serve up real-time information from social networks. For example, if you search for “wedding photographer” on Google, Google will show you a list of real-time results from Twitter
and other social sites. This is yet another reason why it’s crucial for wedding professionals to be active on social networks. (Interesting Fact: Did you know that Google pays Twitter millions of dollars for permission to list Twitter content in their search results. This is the primary way that Twitter makes money.)
So, being active on social networks increases your chances of appearing at the top of the major search engines. And by following these tricks, you’ll entice people to click on those links.
5 Social Media Tricks:
Do you have any tips to share about optimizing social media content for search engines?
- Post useful, relevant and compelling content. As you write on a Facebook fan page wall or create a tweet, be sure to write about topics that brides will search for on search engines. And always remember that the content that you post should not be about you. Social media content needs to meet the needs of your audience. Instead, brides today are looking for wedding ideas and solutions. To help you come up with ideas for great content, here are 7 Things Vendors Can Email, Blog, Post or Tweet About.
- Use smart title tags for your posts. Titles are highlighted on social networks and search engines. Make sure the title of your content is clear and compelling, since that's what people will see on a search engine before they decide to engage with your content.
- If you're going to do social media, you need to keep doing it. Search engines will scan your site more and give you more credibility if you continue to stay current and fresh.
- Include photos and video. By placing multimedia content in your posts, you are telling Google that your content is more relevant, current and rich. Not only does Google give preference to this type of content but so do brides. It's simply more interesting than plain text.
- Get your content out there in as many places as possible. Any content that you create should be posted on Facebook, Twitter and other services where you can post it (such as BridalTweet). The more you share your content, the more likely it will be to appear in search results.
If so, please share your comments below.
You need to be a member of BridalTweet Wedding Forum & Vendor Directory to add comments!
Join BridalTweet Wedding Forum & Vendor Directory