I don't know about you but I love watching Ace of Cakes. Duff and his crew are amazing. It's no wonder that when looking for a wedding cake we'd love a creation like his. Since Duff and his staff won't be coming to your wedding what can you do if you want a unique cake? A cake that reflects your personality? First you need to do your research. There are 4 factors you need to take into consideration when looking for a wedding cake.
1) Know your budget. This is very important because if you go off in one area it creates a domino effect. To help you in figuring out your budget a fabulous site is http://costofwedding.com This will really help you to be realistic with our budget.
2) How big a cake would you like? 3 tiers etc?
3) How many servings do you need. Be sure to include your vendors when figuring on the amount of people the cake will serve.
4) Know the cost of wedding cakes for your area. This means contacting different vendors to find out what they have to offer.
5) Be sure that the cake designer you hire is capable of making a cake that not only looks great but tastes great as well. There have been times when the cake looked gorgeous but when it came to taste there wasn't any! Your cake decorator should be a professional and know not only how to execute your vision but be able to deliver the cake in one piece. They also need to know what kinds of cakes work well for the time of year you are having your wedding.
In the end you want photographs of your cake you will love forever!
Toni Nelson - Nelson Photographers/Videographers
Certified Wedding Planner
Write a Review or Comment